AK bean brains catalog

Anyone grown out the GST IBX?

1 Like

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m waitingā€¦plan to line breed them to the Chem 91 sideā€¦well, will see how they go and make the decision then as to which direction they should go.

Good yielders by the way! Especially for such a small pot!!

Looking forward to seeing yours finish

Brian(Alaskagrown)

3 Likes

Sounds awesome!

They went crazy at flip! Leave plenty of room.
Iā€™m not really knowledgeable enough to know what to call what Iā€™m dealing withā€¦but my tent has never smelled so damn dank! I have a really delightful smelling fruity plant in there that I canā€™t smell at all :rofl:.

The above pics were a little dated. Hereā€™s some current shots after todayā€™s defol.

Iā€™ll give an update near harvest. I gave em a pretty decent dusting so they wonā€™t be as pretty as they should. There will be some good sensi smoke throughout though!

23 Likes

Theyā€™re stacking up nicely, looks great.

1 Like

Has anybody gotten a catalog list recently? I am looking to see if he is still carrying Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry. I shot him an email as well, but figure that if a strain isnā€™t on his catalog he isnā€™t producing it anymore? I have a bunch of F2ā€™s I could share that I made, but want to be clear that he isnā€™t planning on re-releasing it before doing so.

Edit: He responded to my email that he will be releasing Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry later this year, as he is finishing it up currently, but he has OKā€™d sharing them as long as they arenā€™t for sale.

30 Likes

What a great way to approach this. :raised_hands:

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a great strain, wonderful consistent blueberry terps in that one, a personal favorite of mine!

9 Likes

Current seed catalogā€¦

$60 per pack

$100 per pack

19 Likes

When you grew out the original stock did you find any knock you in the nose blueberry smells?

2 Likes

He has a cool Instagram page

1 Like

I didnā€™t get any overpowering smells, but I did find some really bright, sweet smelling berry cereal like terps. The sweet berry seems to be sticking around so far in the seed shuckings, but I admit I probably wonā€™t keep smoking the shuckings to see how it ages. I have grown out his Blueberry Indica before as well, and found this to be a sweeter berry vs. the Blueberry Indica being a muskier, earthier berry smell.

6 Likes

Sweet berry cereal sounds like you found some great plants ! Any particular one stand out? I canā€™t blame you for not wanting to smoke the shuckings are you planning on doing a bud run with them?

3 Likes

I had really bad luck on sex with these. Popped 7 out of the 10 I traded another member here for, and only got 1 female. I ended up collecting pollen from the 3 males I liked the best, and culled the others. Didnā€™t plan on such a bad ratio, so ended up fully seeding the one I had, and will look through the f2ā€™s for years to come.

5 Likes

Damn thatā€™s alot of dude haha well atleast you got some f2s the sounds like youā€™ll find some keepers in there. Blueberry has always fascinated me, never had anything that actually had that blueberry smell

For anyone interested in AKā€™s blueberry offerings, I asked him where I should look next in his blueberry lines, and he provided this info:

Blueberry cream itā€™s knik goose bay- starfigher/ vintage blueberry

907 blue genes are about the best sweet indica (always keepers )

And vintage blueberry is a sour or wild terp sativa, best $60 blueberry on the market

Blue blood / vintage blueberry is a terp lovers dream plus good smoke

14 Likes

I thought I had a pack of Vintage Blueberry but it turns out it is his Fast Vintage Blueberry. I plan to hunt through some Blueberry varieties later this year.

I currently have AKBBā€™s NL 5/1 x Super Skunk about one month old from seed. It needs topped and trained this week so I can get it into flower soon.

9 Likes

I havenā€™t seen a lot of the 907 grown here, so hereā€™s a couple(two closest to the pic are 907 and furthest back is a dinafem deep sweet grapefruit (grapefruit x blueberry) . They still have at least a couple weeks to go (seem a little less mature than the dinafem for comparison). Grown in small 1 gal soil to test them out. They have somewhat thin leaves but didnā€™t stretch much. Smell off the middle plant is an interesting sweet and sour fruity candy. Lower one is what Iā€™m after though, sweet blueberry, not sharp at all.

14 Likes

Hi allā€¦
Anyone tried the AK Durban?
Its the real deal?

3 Likes

Its supposed to be Super Sativa Seed Club bred to f3.

2 Likes

Been interested in his SSSC M48 myself. Did Karel from SSSC ever grow out AKā€™s Beatrice Choice and put his seal of approval on it?

1 Like