Albannach's downsized grow

I tried again today but i still cant get healthy looking pics under the lights so i sat them on the crapper :laughing:

Blueberry x cookies kush 1

Chemdawg

Pure kush

Blueberry x cookies kush 2

They got their first serious defoliation today with some lower limbs removed.

Her autos are doing their thing but it’s a shame that blue amnesia (right) got stunted when it was little.

Both tents seem to be doing reasonably well but i’m not completely finished, the extraction still needs work but i’m on it :grin:

The starter cab is finally in use although not quite as planned eh @anon58740919 :laughing: there is a new born blackberry auto in there and a sugar black rose which has not yet appeared.

14 Likes

They look much better in natural light. Though I giggled at the though of toilet training your plants. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Heh why isnt Mrs.Albannach running some of my autos?

5 Likes

lol they look almost as good in the tent, i just need a decent camera cos my old tablet doesn’t seem to like blazing artificial light :laughing: The Mrs is running some of her favorites (so far) for this run and shes leaving it up to me to try out your autos in my next run. I’m quite looking forward to an auto run over winter cos it greatly reduces that 12hr period of darkness with it’s high humidity levels.

3 Likes

Try taking them out of the tent and place them under a cooler light like a workshop fluoro. The warmer lights mess with the actual color of the plants in your photos. I get the same thing when I photo under my 750W HPS, while my plants under Veg lights look great.

None do. It is the intensity as much as the color. The only way to shoot them in situ is to either wait until the light goes off (I see you have some where you did just that), or to have a very powerful flash with a very short exposure time. I prefer to remove them and photograph them under cool white lighting.

I’ll 2nd that statement. :smile:

:peace:

2 Likes

Cheers bro it is pretty cool cos for a very long time it was just me and it’s a bit antisocial spending so much time on your own in a loft.

I got her a type B driver which makes it very easy to turn her rig down to take pics etc. I have to get a screwdriver out to turn my drivers down and i usually cant be bothered :laughing:

2 Likes

Another good reason to run autos. I suspect the longer cycle would also keep the dark cycle from getting as cold too.

4 Likes

They are starting to stack up eh. The potential for 2 extra crops a year is also very nice and they can be grown in a basic passive intake setup cos they don’t seem to mind light leaks :grinning:

4 Likes

Got more done on the intake & extraction today, matching extractors :joy:

My intake now has my old carbon filter on the end of the ducting.

My intake blower with oversize ducting pipes.

I suppose i better post a couple of plant pics, the blueberry x cookies kush on the right is a mutant and wont behave itself but i’m in no hurry to chop it cos it’s starting to produce sweet smelling resin so it gets to stay, a bit longer :laughing:

8 Likes

They’re looking mighty there bro

2 Likes

Cheers bro they are getting there. Still in small 3.5L airpots, i haven’t potted them up yet cos they are still stretching. Getting sick of having to feed them every day now though so i might dump 3 of them hempy buckets. The Triffid on the right can stay in the airpot though cos it’s big enough already and it might yet get the boot :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll see whaty cherry tart and stuff are looking like at 10. Hopefully like yours. I potted up my smaller one the other day in a 7l flexi tub. Still need to rewire the harness on the 14 strip rack and swap the 500w for a 360w driver.
Although I may sell it on and make another cool tube

2 Likes

You should keep the solstick rack bro cos you put a lot into those things eh.
You’ve got another length of alloy box section and i could send you some chips and holders so you’d just need a driver :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I get what youre saying and can’t argue as a rig it works well. Half the fun of this hobby is the fact that a lot of other hobbies merge into it. And once I’ve got a project in mind I’m usually pretty persistent till I get shit done :rofl:

I think @kushyhaze is going to be using the other box section to make a light bro. I’ll teach him in the workshop. Show him a bit and how to use the tooling and let him crack on. It’s probably 25cm short of an ideal length for a 2x4 tent. Those flat to rounds take up a fair stretch

2 Likes

@Albannach Some lovely happy girls in there sir.

Love the RVK box think I need some of these in my life 2 6" RVK make quite the hum.

2 Likes

It’s the same problem with those glass cooltubes cos they have end caps then the ducting bend to account for. Some use those plastic bends on them to cut the overall size down but the led version will be neater and already has the elbows which also double up as end caps :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Cheers bro they are starting to get interesting now :thumbsup:

Those monkey sonobox kits are dam good and will turn your RVK’s into the quietest blowers you can get. Especially if you have a variac and slow them down a touch :thumbsup:

1 Like

I know I’m building it bro. :rofl: If we could work out a way to mount a filter parallel to it but joined so it moves up and down with the unit I think we’re onto a real winner. Been looking at cooker hood carbon filters as they’re predominantly flat

1 Like

I’d probably just hang a conventional filter and use a short length of flexible ducting but i’m sure you could find something to make a diy version. I’m lazy so tend to look for something i can adapt so i’m thinking something like a carbon cartridge for a gas mask :laughing:

1 Like

I thought the whole point to a cool tube is not needing a filter. Then you can get away with a smaller fan with lower static pressure.

2 Likes

I always use Israel as an example of marijuana use as medicine in a predominately “Christian” nation. Most fundamentalist religions have huge support for Israel and they are at the forefront of marijuana as medicine research… Usually at least makes them think for a minute.