Albannach's downsized grow

The carbon is solely for odour elimination on this bro. A cooltube imo is to allow a you to position your light closer to the canopy and push all the heat from the lighting out though.

If you don’t need to worry about odour by all means run a fan straight through it. No doubt it would work to cool more efficiently

3 Likes

The stretch test got the boot today so i’m down to one of each now and they got put in hempy buckets, had enough of watering them every day.

8 Likes

Got my new full spectrum Solstrip up and running today, pics are still shocking even though i turned the driver right down to 65w :disappointed:

185w driver at max output on our 240V mains :laughing:

A wee peak next door at her auto madness :grin:

11 Likes

I need that red strip in my life :+1::popcorn:

3 Likes

A better way is to use a camera with custom white balance. I use one of my dSLRs. Put a piece of white paper in the tent, under the lighting. Take an out-of-focus photo of just the paper. Go into camera settings and select custom WB. Select the photo you just took. The WB is now set for perfect colour reproduction.

The light intensity is easily dealt with by choosing a low ISO and high aperture value, which will get the shutter speed to a reasonable level and avoid over-exposure. The side benefit of the high aperture value is that it will maximize depth of field.

5 Likes

They do look quite cool eh :sunglasses: That’s an X1 red/blue, the current X2 version has more blue LED’s and imo looks even cooler.

Not sure yet what the plants think :laughing:

3 Likes

Ooooo untested? I’ll await results before I dive in :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m going on the assumption that one red/blue strip out of nine cant do too much harm and might even be beneficial. Plus i cant seem to stop tweaking things :grin:

3 Likes

I’m in the realm of if it’s not broke don’t try and fix it. If I seen better results from people using reds I’d Deffo take the plunge. :+1:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know anything about that, I have an extremely inexpensive Fuji. I can’t even adjust shutter speed, let alone “white balance”, so I gave advice based on how I get my pics. I’ll look for such options if/when I get a better camera, but my bills went up for next year and even if I get a tiny raise on my Social Security, I’ll be having a helluva lot less money to live on.

5 Likes

I was just offering up another method based on my experience. :slight_smile:

If you ever decide to get a new camera - I would say don’t get a new camera. Get a used dSLR. Tons of them on e-bay with all the features you need (and more) for extremely good prices. Like under $300 including a lens. When the time comes, you are more than welcome to pick my brain about what to look for. :+1:

3 Likes

Order a single x2 strip from b420 and I’ll send a heatsinks up

1 Like

I’m not ready to order anything more at the moment mate. I’ve spent £650 on lighting in past 2 months or so :neutral_face: I’m going to Tenerife on the 7th of next month as need a break away after the bad time of it I’ve had and needing to save for spends. Maybe when I get back I’ll order a couple so I can swap them out when I switch to flower on my next run. Thank you for the offer :+1:

3 Likes

I have no strips to go with the sinks so whenever you’re ready. Shout up. Enjoy Tenerife. I would have done if my Mrs booked the right year :rofl:

2 Likes

When I come to order some I’ll give you a shout 1st to see if you still have them in your possession. For the moment though extra grow equipment is on hold :+1: and as for tenerife I plan on just chilling out but workmates have different plans I’m sure :rofl:

1 Like

you know. you know you know :wink:

rant:
my coworker and i both do photo gigs after work hours somewhat regularly. he switched to mirrorless fuji. i stayed with my ff canons, but he intrigued me so much that i bought an x100t, and then an xe2, and a few pieces of glass. the pictures you see here are mostly taken with the x100, because it is small and sits at my desk 24/7. But when it comes to going out and getting paid, fuji doesn’t make it in the bag, ever. i’ll take the 5d classic with a fantastic plastic as a backup before the new and improved.
/rant

3 Likes

:slight_smile: My 2 5D Classics are still my #1 choice. When I want something smaller for travel, etc. my T1i with a super-zoom does the trick.

I never went mirrorless. They have their advantages, for sure, but I wouldn’t benefit from them much.

3 Likes

Got my HLG-240 today so it’s now in use and it’s quite a bit brighter in there now.

Took a few more crappy plant pics while i was at it. The remaining Blueberry x Cookies Kush has been the best plant since germ and it smells awesome now. The Chemdawg is very nice too but something has produced a stray banana cos there’s a few seeds forming low down on the Kush. I suspect it’s the Chemdawg cos it did look a bit stressed under that red/blue strip which is why it’s now gone.

Grow room cat also thinks very highly of that Blueberry cross @Scissor-Hanz produced and she’s not easily impressed having seen a lot of lovely plants in her time :sunglasses:

The Mrs green crack auto is coming along quite nicely next door.

I chucked some auto beans in the oven today for my next grow.

12 Likes

Your cat looks so impressed. :grinning:

7 Likes

That first pic was pure concentration as she was checking the quality. The second was her giving vocal approval, she did shut up eventually thank f*ck :laughing:

6 Likes