Alwaysnoob's stealth indoor grow in the middle of nowhere

I water full strength once a day in 3 gallon fabrics with 10-20 % runoff. Every 4 or 5 days half strength double the run off.
Has been working for me. :grin:

6 Likes

My runoff has been very low lately…
Thanks brother @Floyd , I will try this method of flushing and leave plenty of runoff next watering brother…

According to google sun rises at 6:17 AM and sets at 6:30 pm today…
But i think outdoor growing is not possible this time of the year, too much heat…

7 Likes

Loving the show brother. You are learning as you go and no catastrophe so far, you’re a natural :muscle:

Autos are allergic to stress. Since their vegetative period is usually only 3-4 weeks, even a small shock can hurt an auto’s potential. It gets much easier after a couple grows, don’t give up on them just yet :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey @alwaysnoob i have some autos you can try out if you want them. If nothing else it would give you some to practice on? I made some s1 of a blackstrap I grew out and she was super hardy and vegged for about 5 weeks. So you would have plenty of grow time if you were to trigger her in any way. But really I don’t think you could hurt them. I haven’t grown out any of these s1 but there are a few og folks that have popped some. I broke the mom in half around week 4 then continued to snap a few more branches and she still gave me 4oz lol just lmk if you’d like some and I’ll hook you up :ok_hand:

5 Likes

So basically a perfect 12/12 schedule outside. My understanding of autos is that lighting schedule will severely reduce your yields.

I think photoperiod would be the best for you. A sativa dominate to allow for higher humidity and heat. My experience with indica is the density would create a ideal situation for mold.

The humidity may change at different times of the year, so you might still be able to do them at different times of the year.

2 Likes

Here’s my journal if you want to see it. I was able to take a couple clones from the mom, reversed one, used that to pollinate the other. The 12/12 may even work with them bc mine needed more stretch lol I kept her too squatty and didn’t defoliate her heavy enough. Or early enough lol every other plant in that tent seemed to get cranky about one thing or another but she just kept cruising like boss :sunglasses: they could possibly take 100+ days though.

4 Likes

How’s the heat treating you indoors @alwaysnoob ?
I noticed you installed an exhaust system, good call! Where are you pulling your fresh air from?

4 Likes

Thanks for the offer brother, in the past I had already started reading your journal and liked it (had to abandon halfway coz i ran out of likes smh)…
Every fibre in my body wants to jump at the offer, but the thing is we are planning to sell our property and move, we will be building a new house and it might take some time.
I would definitely hit you up once I had settled in the new place brother…

After the last half assed grow of Gambians which gave me wonderful smoke in short period of time I’m not done with the autos just yet, they can hate me all they want lol.
I had already started some autos and this time I will be growing them indoors…

Heat is little lower compared to when it was before bro, but its still worse (32 -33 C). In indoors the high humidity (around 70rH) compensates for it I think…
The fresh air is being pulled from the door crack and from the inside of the house brother inorder to keep the humidity and CO in check…
I think the high heat and low humidity (VPD) is what killed the flowering girl, I miss her dearly. Even though she took forever to flower I loved looking at her and tending to her…
The heat is historically high this year and it is predicted to get even worse…
Overall it is bad time of the year to be where i am, but i love the challange lol…
If I can grow in these abrupt conditions, I can grow anywhere :person_in_lotus_position:

8 Likes

There was a sativa dominant outdoors brother, the heat killed it. At first I thought it was my cat that did something to her, but when I started seeing my other plant go awry I guessed it was the heat. I caught her just before she got any worse and is currently indoor now…
Even though the humidity is high indoor i doubt it’s the case outdoor coz i get constant wind there…

I recently learnt about vapour pressure deficit and when I looked at the chart it made lot of sense to why my plant choose death…

2 Likes

You could always carry beans w ya? You don’t have to pop them right away lol but I understand you probably have your reasons. If you ever need some, just hit me up. And good luck w your current grow! I pop in from time to time to check em out :+1:

2 Likes

Did you check the roots on them. I always have a horrible time in containers. The sun cooks my roots.
Be well

2 Likes

I was waiting for the medium to dry out…
I just checked it now, looks like you hit the nail there bro…
The sun cooked my roots, there was some decolourization and a little bit of smell coming from the roots…

That’s what happens to me with containers. You might want to put hay or some other mulch on top of the soil and something around the container. This could shield the container from absorbing all the heat from the sun.
I’m sure others will have additional suggestions for this also

3 Likes

Thanks brother…
I wish I had known this before lol

1 Like

Couple of updates to catch up…
These plants were flipped to 12/12 on March 10th (4 weeks back).
Since I didn’t see any buds or balls forming, as per my friend’s advice, the plants switched to 13 hour darkness, 11 hour light (13/11) on April 1 (approx. week before )…
Since I started to see tip burn, i flushed the plants with tap water and fed them little weaker nutes on 7th March (day before yesterday)…

Here are the plants…

PS: there’s a Sour bubble in this pic🙈

14 Likes

Flowering now my friend :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Thanks brother, that helps a lot…

Hey @alwaysnoob , have those plants started throwing flowers for you yet?

Not all of them, brother…

Amongst the 4 plants, i see white hairs on only 2 of them…

10 Likes

Ok. I think your plants are not getting a complete dark cycle. A couple things possible. Your timmer is malfunctioning or has a pin or two up, when it’s suppose to me dark. Your LEDs are not turning off completely. You have light infiltration from outside your room, during the dark cycle. Have you flowered photo sensitive plants in your space before? If so, what has changed since then?