Alwaysnoob's stealth indoor grow in the middle of nowhere

It will help. Try and time it so your lights are out for the hottest part of the day. Cannabis does weird things inside when you get to 30 C and above.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d reverse the lighting schedule to try and bring that down.

Low temps can do similar things, I have an Alaskan Purple I was keeping to make cuttings from. Had her in a corner, in a mini octopot, and didn’t trim her for a few weeks. The branches that grew above the lights / in between my floor joists above began to flower under 18/6, while everything below the light remained in veg. The corner where that plant is also gets 50 degree drafts, and my temps are 72-74 for the highs. I figured she was force flowering due to the cool drafts and somewhat lowered light levels, even if its not night…

(gonna have to run that Alaskan Purple outside this year, early finisher maybe???)

4 Likes

Good to know that piece of knowledge brother…
I’m on it…

1 Like

Time for an update…

The Gambian

The Gambian started pre flowering and received their last feed of veg nutes... I'm gonna try 2:2:2 next time and transition to 1:2:3... It is the first time I'm growing something, let alone an auto... Is this normal for an autoflower to start flowering this early?

Gambian × Haze

One and a half GHaze looks normal…

outdoor Mars cookies

This patience less freak self topped itself and doing fine…

indoor Mars cookies

They look fine too, I have switched the lighting schedule so that it receives dark time during peak heat of the day…
Haven’t topped the right one yet, I’m gonna let it grow a wee bit since I’m hoping to get a clone out of it…

Don’t mind the sweet corn siblings lol…

The flowering girl gets a separate post…

10 Likes

The flowering girl

She’s just stretching and stretching…
Hope she won’t get me in any trouble…
Just removed some dead leaves and soon to be dead leaves…
She’s being watered everyday with 1:2:3 sometimes with some lemon water and sometimes coconut water and sometimes both…
(Don’t ask me why I do it, I just feel like doing it lol)
Oh, she received some Humic acid last week…
It came as a freebie with my last purchase and I just wanted to see what it can do to the plants…
All of my plants received some Humic acid…

In pic 3 you can see that her next door neighbor Nicki the Neem started flowering too lol…

Ps: Yep, it’s cloudy with a chance of some rain today…

15 Likes

I know someone growing a gdp. I made the seeds and it started flowing like your mars cookies.
At the time I had no male autos around.
Maybe @Budderton found the problem

2 Likes

Looks like she’s done stretching…
She toppled for the second time today (my place is windy as hell) , hope it doesn’t affect her just like the last time…
She’s also getting proper pH adjusted water and her runoffs gets checked too…

Any tips for bulking up the flowers are welcome please…

7 Likes

Hey @alwaysnoob . You could try a P and K booster but the fact is that this type of herb is predisposed to be airy and not very dense. Give it as much full sun as you can and keep it healthy.:+1::grin:

5 Likes

Thanks brother…
She’s been partially blocked by her nosey Neem neighbors on both side (it happens to be east and west FML)…
But those are her cover crops and it helps to protect her from nosey human neighbors :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve got some bad news folks…
I don’t think “you can never overwater with coco” formula suits for tropical climate…
I’ve ran into chlorosis…
I’ll be watering the plants according to their pot weight from now on…
The Mars cookies which I’ve missed some watering inbetween are thriving though…
I’ll share the pics soon…

3 Likes

Time to document my f**kup…
Gambian

I up potted just one girl just to experiment. If I hadn't overwatered them i would have a definite result.. There was new growth, so i know she isn't stunted...

Gambian × Haze

Mars cookies outdoor

Mars cookies indoor

Well them plants looks absolutely adorable. At least I've got couple of the plants tuned in. They are thriving too, i haven't measured with tape per se but i am noticing more than an inch per day growth.

The new addition is from my last score. Just to test if it’s pure sativa or not…

10 Likes

The flowering girl

I can’t seem to tell she’s droopy or not, if she’s it’s probably from over watering too…
But I’m constantly picking random yellow leaves from her…
I’m gonna let all my plants to dry back before watering them again…

14 Likes

Mars cookies indoor

Just to document the growth of Mars cookies in one day…
It fills me with so much joy to see the plants growing right in front of my eyes…

PS: I do rotate the pots, the pic was taken in the same position just to compare the growth with my previous post…

10 Likes

Out of likes but just read through your grow! Very fun read thanks for sharing @alwaysnoob !

2 Likes

Well Im late getting here, but better late than never. Interesting read catching up though. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice work @alwaysnoob !:+1: They are growing nicely!

2 Likes

mars cookies indoor
I decided to do some light defoliation for better penetration of the lights…

The plants after

Things noted…

1).Noticed some distinctive but short lived aroma on fingers while pinching the leaves…
2) One plant’s stem starting to turn red in colour, since the leaves are healthy I’m gonna administer a dose of LIFTA and relax… (Without overgrow I’d be so clueless, one search was all it took me to find out what up with that :green_heart:)
3) The one on the left (position changed compared to previous posts) is considerably slow on developing internodal shoots compared with the other one… (because it had larger fan leaves blocking the lights?)

I just pinched the leaves leaving some stump back, it’ll fall off in a couple of days…
The leaves stem looks like it could be a plant on itself lol…

11 Likes

Probably just genetic, nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Update of the plants after recovering from overwatering…
Gambian

Gambian × Haze

I got my first male plant. Unfortunately it had to go…
Had it been at least the height of the other plant i would have happily passed on its genes…

I’m hitting her directly with 1:2:3 of the nutes, no 2:2:2 switch over…

The flowering girl

I don’t see any end in sight for her…
She’s always hungry, even after feeding her couple of times a day…
I think Gambian might finish before her LoL…

14 Likes

Looks great!!! I’m looking forward to watching the progress of your grow.
My experience with coco and small plants is that you can definitely over water them. I found that I would pick up the pot to check the weight before watering. I discovered that when I let the coco dry a little bit the roots really developed better for me

2 Likes