American Pit Bull Terriers owners thread

Such crazy ears on this pup… her name is Gremlin but her call name is Ooraaseeeee lol

7 Likes

The last pic, love the coloring!! So beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just got this one today. Luv them pit bulls. Only breed I’ll own now

8 Likes

TheBubbleKing I love it, it’s a Merle Pit Bull…Here is another Old Family Red Nose that I bred, his name is “Tabasco Kidd”. This dog 1st. Place at a ADBA Show.

FB_IMG_1518264330909

9 Likes

Now he looks like he wants a beer…or maybe a nice bloody mary.

Oh i forgot to mention pic 2 is what he does. He farts stinks room up n burries his face so he dont got to smell it. Still love him though.

Yeah, i got my first one back in ’ 02. Chocolate brendal.i trained him real good. Put him on red blood cells and he blew up! His chest was as wide as mine and his head was hugh. I got him two bitches and bred them for bout 5 years. People were offering me up to $3000 for the male when they came to look at pups. He was just a flea maket dog, no papers. Im not going to breed any more. Spent my time on the side of the road already. Ive got another one, i call him Bear Grylls. He strayed up about a month ago. I can tell he was very abused. Hes old. But such a sweet dog. I just dont understand peeps who abuse dogs. Id like to get my hands on them. Ill get a pic of him in a bit and post. My rooster wants to fight the puppy, so now im fighting the rooster.

1 Like

This is Ceresco Kid the sire of Tabasco Kidd…

20210115_162448 20210115_162524

8 Likes

16 Likes

That’s a good looking pup I seen a bull terrier that colour on a Facebook page,there crossed with some kind of cattle dog to get that colour

2 Likes

The witch who’s all moody since she’s in heat at the minute,

6 Likes

They’re called Merles…the pattern and colors…doesn’t have to be crossed with other breed to get that.

1 Like

They do and that colour comes with a lot of health issues in pitbulls and bull terriers,that’s why most breeders don’t like to see that colour,I’m talking about real breeders not back hard puppy mill breeders

It’s a mutt to be honest but it’s a nice pup

. How is Merle Coloring Achieved in a Pitbull Litter

In order for a pitbull to have merle coloring it must have a specific genetic marker: the merle gene. Some people have mixed pitbulls with Catahoula Leopard Dogs to gain the coloring. Generally speaking, a pitbull is not purebred if it has this coloring. First, since it does not occur naturally in the breed, the gene must be introduced somewhere down the breeding line. Second, a pit with merle coloring can no longer be registered or recognized in an effort to discourage breeding for the color.

5. Merle Pitbulls are Not Recognized

The American Dog Breeders Association and many other reputable organizations have stopped recognizing merle pitbulls. The reason is simple: the merle gene isn’t simply about coloring. It also brings with it significant risk for reduced vision and hearing in dogs.

By purposely breeding dogs for the gene great risks are taken with the puppies health.

5 Likes

I never had Merles don’t really care for them much…I breed for quality not for money…Some of my dogs that I’ve bred went to Europe…

1 Like

I’ve bred plenty of dogs over the years like I said I grew up with over 30 dogs my mother bred rotts
And German sherpards

I’m fixing my dog after this heat is over I don’t have time for puppy’s ,I could sell puppies for $2500 each all day long since my dogs have papers,but I like her as a pet not a money maker

2 Likes

like Blue Merles ?

5 Likes

Yes, my dogs came/had papers too…nowadays I just use my male dogs as studs or collect semen and freeze them to bitches across the big pond.

This dog was a ADBA Champion…

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of my baby boy Petey

15 Likes

Ch. Gambler?..norrod?. I have the exact same line. I have a Hemphill/clouse/ ironline /redboy. His dad is adba ch Redman, and his dad ch Zapata. :wink:

2 Likes

Known Danny, Mike & wife Lynn close to over 25 yrs…Used to live in Little Italy on Taylor st. not to far from old man Joe Corvino’s blacksmith shop on Morgan.
Mike was gonna give me a straight pure Norrod bloodline a few months ago for safe keeping but I told him I couldn’t do it right now because someone was trying to poison my dogs…So now I have Cameras all over my property.

4 Likes