An attempt to transition a female Cannabis sp to produce pollen for creating S1 seed

so back buds were they also injected or is that from the CS spray initially, just considering and thinking about plant dispersion.

2 Likes

Well I injected below all the branches so the whole freakin plant turned. I don’t think I sprayed enough CS to make this amout of change but I don’t know that.

1 Like

ok thats what i was wondering, cause if only the branches above the injection site turn may allo targeted reversal on side branches.

2 Likes

I think @Pedro_Bann only injected the top.

1 Like

I injected near the top. Nothing happening yet.
11 days in.
I used just tap water though instead of distilled, I don’t know why cause I have an RO filter.

1 Like

My tap is pretty good so I don’t have an RO filter, but I did use some very old opened unpure distilled water.

2 Likes

what happen to this thread…
@Pedro_Bann
@Mr.Sparkle
@oldfreak
did we make pollen???
was it viable…
would you do it again???

@JuniorB

there was another thread that went along more into it

but no i didn’t have any success and others had some but was sporadic at where or if they popped up, or they were also spraying sts or the likes which kinda invalidates injection.

Will say my counter and a front of a cabinet are still permanently stained from my attempt, so i went back to safer methods of CS but plan to try some gibberellic acid as well

3 Likes

It went well, got a lot of seeds. They are still in a 5 gallon bucket waiting to be separated. Like many times with fems, the pollen didn’t really spread.

Ill do it again next time.

2 Likes

its a subject that definitely deserves more conversation, and experimentation…timing of this thing seems to be the variable in this thing,im thinking shoot it in on the day you switch lighting the switch to the plant it “may” seem normal…thoughts?

1 Like

So I injected at 4 days into flip and it worked well, so within the first 7 days should do ya.

1 Like

Those buds look wicked…the leaf to bud ratio is outstanding

Resurrection, sorry. I’m working on a Mephisto auto seed run and started spraying late. It didn’t seem to be working after I think, 3 weeks. So I said “fuck it” and injected into the trunk. It flipped the entire plant in a few days. From now on I’m going to start with an injection.