An inside look at LEDSeedz

I resemble that comment!

Took off on a flight out of SF to Amsterdam Dec. 27th 1999 about 5 am. About 14 hours later 7am Amsterdam time my buddy and I arrived. Got on a train to Grand Central and a taxi to our hotel. I look out of our side window and low and behold is The Bulldog. At that time it was the one known to be a lot of Americans favorite spot and very popular. My buddy is like I am going to bed. We were only going to be there 15 days so I was not having that shit. We are going now lets go.

Walked across the street and walked in. I’ll never forget this part because looking back it was the first time I had seen or heard about this. There were a husband and wife who were standing at the bar and the husband was having major convulsions, as in I was kind of freaking out a bit. Apparently the bartender knew them because as soon as he helped them I remember him asking the guy if he wanted to roll one for him. [first time I ever saw anyone actually use the tobacco they gave you to mix back then] This guy starts puffing away and I swear to you within 5 minutes it’s like this guy went from crazy freaking out to calm as a cucumber and was apologizing to us to Americans for him freaking us out.

Back to the point as we sat at the table the bartender asked if we wanted a tea after I had asked to see the menu. Of course the Super Silver Haze was all the rage then because it had just won the Cannabis cup so of course I had to have it. I remember it was 7 Guilders or that day 12 bucks American for a gram. It was the biggest gram I had ever seen and OMG was it beautiful. We ordered a tea, and of course I was hungry so I had to order the famed Space Cake.

My buddy and I split the cake and I rolled a phatty. Americans had nothing on the papers they made in Holland, these things were huge. The bartender also gave me a small bag of tobacco and said mix the two half and half, huh?

About half way through that joint I knew we had better go back to the hotel. We would go back but not without taking about an hour walk to try and feel semi normal. It wasn’t working at all so about 12 hrs later we woke from a little nap back at the hotel.

The coffee shop tour began that night and to this day still remains the craziest 15 days of my life. It would also be the last time I saw Jack Herer in person RIP.

To be in my 30’s again…

24 Likes

Ya SSH is an all timer legend along with Jack herer as far as I’m concerned.

Great story. I always wonder if weed is different now, or if everyone’s tolerances changed or something. It seems ‘different’ somehow…

6 Likes

as a new yorker i can tell you for sure the weed is different than say 20 years ago its not brown now and full of seeds and smashed into a big dirty brick it is also not from mexico so there is that thats my central new yorker perspective at least for what its worth

7 Likes

Ya I’ve smoked my share of that, but once I started getting higher quality weed in the late 90s it was like night and day.

I can’t tell if I look back to those strains as being ‘better’ from nostalgia, or if genetics have changed so much that modern weed is somehow different…

4 Likes

Never had grown SSH. Just connoisseur’s SSSDH. Big buds on that.

2 Likes

Sexy m.f early flower

24 Likes

Guessing that one will throw you some colors.
:wink:

5 Likes

Man that is a really nice read, thank you, never been,and probably won’t ever get the chance, I really enjoyed your story brother, peace

7 Likes

Any one know where to get led seeds now? I tried grow legal but I guess they’re Shut down. Any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

Unavailable as far as I know

3 Likes

Grow legal decided to shut down (for now) as a result of the ambiguities with the “legalization” and selling of seeds in Canadia.
Last we heard, @LED_Seedz was working on finding vendors to take on the distribution task.

9 Likes

Keep me posted if and when led secures a new vendor please. It’s just my luck I’ll finally have a couple bucks to try his stuff, and now it’s unavailable lol! Thanks for the reply.

5 Likes

Which strain were you looking at?

5 Likes

I’m not sure really. I wanted to see what he had available at the moment. I think I definitely want the grass monkey, and anything that had a lot of hippy slayer in it lol! He held a pack of the erotic city for me a while back, but I got laid off and money was tight so I had to pass, but really not sure what I want.

3 Likes

If we don’t hear anything in the next week or so, I have a pack of the Darling Nikki and can split it with you (Grass Monkey x GDP). If you’d like…

13 Likes

Brother that sounds like a great cross, great meds & rec!

2 Likes

That’s very kind if you. Shining example of why this board is leagues ahead of the other pissing contests.

@LED_Seedz I hope your health is improving and look forward myself to running some of your genetics if and when I can purchase some.

Peace

Bonged

11 Likes

I have a pack of Grass Monkey F2. It’s yours for just…

18 Likes

The make pollen sacs are from a male I used to pollenate, not from this girl.( It kinda looks like it is growing but no) This is the phenotype I decided to keep of sexy m.f I flowered a small clone to cross to see what comes out. I will have on hand both the male and female for future breeding if something good comes out. I like to do little seed runs first so as not to have a shit ton a seeds of something I don’t want. . Pretty sure I will be pleased. I also used a male sexy mf to pollenate my green crack querkle that I have had for a while. Good job to p.j and hope you get well soon.

15 Likes

That is extremely generous of you. I don’t have much in the way of genetics right now to trade or anything, but I will pay shipping. Much appreciated. :smiley::+1:

6 Likes