Announcement/general discussion thread about changes to seed runs

Uh, I see. Thanks for explaining. That must have happened while I was off for a year, the rule was new to me when I returned. In that case, yes, keep the rule, but grant benefit of the doubt when it’s two signups clashing as we apparently can’t know for sure.

4 Likes

Clearly it is a computer error and we should both be on that TL3 sign up and without anyone missing out as we have both come forward to tell what happened that it is not us that has a dispute, but someone else that knocked over the first domino and we just got caught up in their dispute.

1 Like

Thank you all for this thread. I am just catching up on my reading about coop etc and how to participate. I cannot imagine feeling like I am entitled to have my grow distributed by volunteers. I am grateful for a system that would do so if I meet the criteria. Honestly I have so many more seeds than I will ever use, I do so appreciate a system that might make some distribution easier. I have no interest in distribution myself, so $2 to cover costs is a dream. Thanks again.

6 Likes

Your “case” is a thing on its own, violating the rule against signing up others. You did not get caught up in anything. From @G-paS’ point of view I totally understand why you got deleted, as the edit history says you signed up two people.

My argument is that the history appears to be wrong in rare cases as we have three users saying so, and I’d ask the coop team to consider this a possibility and not ban users if two names appear at the same time.

I agree it looks like this.

5 Likes

I have tried to DM @G-paS as he was the one that levied this sanction and have not heard back anything as of yet just crickets :cricket:! :flushed:

Wiki is filling up and an issue of this matter need to be sorted out ASAP as the spots are disappearing. No different than they took action to remove my name. This is just my opinion and how I feel on this matter. It works both ways. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Relax. People have other things to do besides OG. There will be a happy end.

10 Likes

I am a night person. I just got on OG. I don’t keep it on 24/7. Even when I had a paying job, I wasn’t required more than :wink: 16 hours a day. :wink:

:green_heart: :seedling:

15 Likes

I hope you are looking into this for me on my behalf and in view of what the parties involved have stated. Thank you.

1 Like

Please keep in mind there are 150 signup spots and multiple strains to sign up for, but only a handful coop people doing all the work. This is not a 1:1 situation. I really don’t want to know how @G-paS’ inbox looks, I have been one filling it up over some seeds myself before. :grimacing:

Please relax and think about the situation. I totally understand that being banned from a run for what appears to be a tech issue is not nice but in the end it’s a pack of seeds, you already had multiple people offer to share and it’s not worth making too much of a problem of it.

It will be resolved but please keep the entitlement at base, this is a volunteer run thing and we already had people burn out from this. This is not a paid full service company operation.

16 Likes

Dibbity Dibbity Dibs

4 Likes

I had the same issue happen to me on the Blue Kush sign up, that I donated the seeds for BTW. For some reason when I signed up, the system added someone else’s name too, I still don’t know how it happened, but I can tell you that it DOES happen. Luckily I didn’t get kicked off, but it’s not always greed and people lying dude.

9 Likes

Hey @G-paS , I’ve taken note of the practice of adding reg em on sign-ups for folks who are regular emeritus.
I just changed my title from “regular” to a custom user name.
Do I need to make a note on future signups, or do you guys click each user name to see trust level?

4 Likes

Only when your trust level drops from tl3 to tl2 and signing up on tl3 coop seed runs do you need to add the reg em, is my understanding. And you are a tl3 so no need to add that.

4 Likes

Thank you kindly!

3 Likes

so does that mean they have to stop using a custom name? the custom names are cool.

2 Likes

I think you just have to add it with your flag to the sign in list, no need to change the custom name… beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

What @Slammedsonoma420 said is :100:

4 Likes

I was wondering, if I offer a cross and the @coopactiongroup votes okay to distribute if I do the packaging, does it qualify for an overgrower badge?

5 Likes

That was a question I put to them. I need to know if full and you pack both qualify.
EDIT;
The response from the group is yes, either U-pack or Full run qualify

8 Likes

Thanks for checking @G-paS :pray:

2 Likes