Announcement/general discussion thread about changes to seed runs

I passed out a bunch of them and what’s left goes out periodically.

9 Likes

Very cool! I think the community def got flooded with em! Still got stashes of both :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I agree and still have a bunch of each. I toss them up in giveaways from time to time and they make great fillers for some that have small spring and fall boxes. Thanks for sharing them with the community bud. :v:

10 Likes

Who settles wiki disputes?

1 Like

How much dispute can there be? You can click through the edit history so it’s easy to prove who messed up things.

2 Likes

You’re right, but that option disappears when the wiki is closed so you have to be very diligent, that’s why people use to post screenshots of their position in the list… beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

All ready done that and the person they said I added with my name stated that they were the one that signed up not me. They just went up on there at the same time for some odd reason and I am getting no response from @G-paS about this at all and the person stated this as well and said I had done nothing? Wiki is filling up and I don’t want to lose my spot.🫤

1 Like

I did that one too and still got the screen shot in my pictures?

I’m neither a mod nor part of the action group but which signup are you talking about?

1 Like

I had the exact same thing happen to me on the Blue Kush sign up, so it does happen.

1 Like

Useful seeds chocolate diesel f3 to F4 co op run.

1 Like

Sorry that happened to you as well, but the person they are accusing me of putting their name on the wiki say it was themselves that sign up and it just went up there like one person put us both up. Computers do make mistakes in addition that person stated this in the thread?

If I should get my hands on some of the Blue Kush seeds I will gladly share them with you and will make a note :memo: to stay on the look :eyes: out. :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Yes, the system is not perfect, it does weird things sometimes, when it happened to me the edit history looked like I signed myself and someone else up at the same time, but I certainly did not.

2 Likes

I appreciate that but everything worked out, I got some, if you get ousted on the Choc D let me know, we’ll take care of it.

4 Likes

@G-paS just removed me and won’t answer my DM about this issue at all?

1 Like

That is very generous and OG of you. Just a little mad as I did nothing and would understand that there are rules that must be abided by, but their are special circumstances that should be considered as to contact both parties to see what the story is and not just assume or jump to conclusions till all evidence is weighed and that the computer is not always right.

2 Likes

I believe you dude, I been in the same boat, it’ll work out ok.

1 Like

You can only hope that they will be fair and look at all the facts to do the right thing.🫤

2 Likes

I got no reason not to believe you guys so I’ll assume that when two edits are too close to each other for the system to be able to send a warning to the one being done later, it will just merge them into one edit.

Discourse, the software used for OG, is free and open source software so if somebody is really bored they could read the source code to check or browse the support forum for this problem.

My workaround would be to drop the rule against adding somebody else, as it seems we can’t see from the log if that really happened. I don’t know the reason for that rule, maybe make the rule “don’t signup others, if the log shows two we give the benefit of the doubt”. There should not be more drama than necessary in my opinion.

5 Likes

At one point it was common for one person to sign up a shit load of their friends, it was like bulk sniping. Was super unfair, and caused mayhem. Lists were filling in hours, sometimes shutting out people who had followed the grow since the beginning. It is a rule that needs to exist.

12 Likes