Another Mold Question

I cut any bud rot out to an inch of healthy tissue, then wash in 1/2 cup of peroxide in 5 gallons. Leave the buds soaking for a good 3 minutes then do a hot water bucket rinse then cold water bucket rinse. Hang in front of a fan for a good 20 mins or until buds aren’t dripping then trim.

If it’s healthy bud no mold or pm then I only use 1/2 baking soda and the juice from 1 small lemon instead of peroxide.

4 Likes

It’s nasty the rinse water on outdoor plants. When you’re done it looks like you washed a dirty dog in there.

3 Likes

Yeap, after washing some I had outside with some bugs I never grew out again, really nasty what you find in that bucket and supposely vape if not washed … ejem|nullxnull

3 Likes

I believe what ive run into is the very very beginning or bud rot. Miniscule amount of fuzz on the pistils that were tuck in the bud growing against the stem

1 Like

If I was an indoor grower, I would probably throw the plant out if it had mold. Outdoors there’s no way after 6 months of growing a 8 ft plant that I’m throwing the whole plant out unless its gone systemic

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like it. Def cut it out. If it looks like something you wouldn’t smoke, toss it. Look for mold on the stems around it too. It takes a while to go systemic so everywhere around it is probably fine. If you don’t cut all of it completely out and neutralize whatever is left on leaves or bud near it with peroxide, it will mold in dry or cure on you too. I usually chop the branches off plant, Pre-inspect, cut out rot before the wash as well. Then make sure you clean or change your gloves and tools before touching washed bud or trimming so you don’t recontaminate it.

Yeah last night my dad and step mom were doing a rough trim then i was washing and hanging buds. Yeah if i just snip the fuzz away i cant any other damage to the flower

2 Likes

Sounds fine. You got there early

How’d you feel about the bud that i already harvested and has touches pistil fuzz?

I didn’t read that part. Throw it out or it will mold all your other drying bud or if it makes it past the dry it will mold in cure. Anything fuzzy, brown, mushy or powdery has to go

3 Likes

Some folks make hash or dab with it, but you can’t smoke the bud like that

Yeah i think im dreading having to dig into pounds of bud to seperate it all

do it quick though, or you’ll be bummed. Kinda sounds like it wasn’t completely dry before it went to cure

1 Like

Yeah i think it started when the plant was growing. I found the same looking stuff on the plants in the greenhouse

on drying… the buds need to snap completely off the stem. If you snap and the stem pulls in strings then it’s still wet. When in doubt, go with the 10 day drying rule. I don’t care what kind of bud it is, it will be dry in 10 days

Word. I went 2 weeks and they had a nice snap

1 Like

Okay then, it sounds like you may have let a few moldy pieces slip by when trimming. Dig and separate it all before it spreads and I would sanitize the bucket or jars whatever with alcohol before putting it back in.

Yeah its very hard to see. Its not white it just looks blurry.

1 Like

Separate it out in the sunlight maybe

Bought this!

3 Likes