Help me figure out WTF this is on my buds

Ok so last harvest I saw this on my buds & I chucked a pound.This harvest, I only see a tiny bit of it on sections, but its on every bud. Wth is it & does it all need to go in the trash again?

Looks like single strands of fishing line in the voids. There’s nothing “fuzzy” anywhere, just these weird single strands. And you really gotta use a microscope to even see them. Of course I’ve been vaping it for a week now :laughing:

Anyone seen this before?

2 Likes

I don’t see any evidence of mold ….

Could those fine strands be early spider mite webbing? I’m just speculating here as thankfully I’ve never dealt with them.

I’m sure I’ve smoked a shit ton of stuff worse than that in my 50 year smoking career. Hopefully someone else can be more definitive, good luck.

5 Likes

Looks like webbing as explained above

3 Likes

I seen a video a breeder posted where he was showing how sticky and gooey his buds was. He crumbled one apart with his fingers. He showed how sticky fingers were by sticky his index to his thumb. When he pulled them apart there were goo strings sticking to his thumb and index.

7 Likes

I had the same before it’s more than likely spider mites.

4 Likes

Do you have a scope 60X will show them on the underside of the leaves if you have Spider critters mites, They are very small and will see them crawling kind of fast at time, and there will be claer round eggs all around depending on how bad infestation is.
They will look like this

6 Likes

could just be a resin’y goo strand as mentioned but maybe a half a piece a an eyelash/hair?

smokem if ya got em :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Are you seeing any white spots like this on any leaves

3 Likes

Lol. Good man! I’d smoke the shit outta those webs!
My vote is spider mite or spider webbing. I actually didn’t notice until you said something.

I was going to be a smart ass and say it was resin🤣 until you mentioned the webs…

6 Likes

Yea it’s on half the buds so it’s not hair or eyelashes. Maybe it is resin :laughing:

@STIGGY Saw no white spots. These were already harvested/dried & now curing a week. I was on top of checking leaf bottoms the entire run with loupe & scope.

So what’s weird is there is no “webbing” between the strands. It’s just individual strands.

Anyways glad to hear I can keep it, it’s reallllly good. Little bummed that I could have kept the last harvest too, RIP Chem D x Purple Punch :laughing:

6 Likes

I would’ve said hair or something lol.

Keep on getting it lmao

3 Likes

To me that looks like fibers or hairs or stuff like that. Spider mites web would be attached end to end. Beware, it’s easy to be scared watching outdoor buds x60 :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh Yes LOL
He might even find one of these

7 Likes

Yeeks I hope not! :smiley:

2 Likes

If the “strands” were just the beginning stages of bud rot, would it continue grow over time curing in the grove bags? Figure I’ll at least keep an eye on it for a bit, make sure it isn’t duplicating strands.

I’m no expert on bud rot but I believe it is a mold which would continue to grow given then right temp/humidity.
Do you have pets? could easily be hair or fibers instead of spider/mites

3 Likes

Take a piece and toss it in some peroxide, just to see what happens lol

1 Like

If you had spider mights you would have probably noticed webbing over top of your bud too ! But you would have seen this if you had a loop or a magnify glass.

1 Like

I had strands like that when I had the 5 day power outtage over the summer and most the plants molded. My thought is that’s the beginning stages of mold but :man_shrugging: does it smell good?

2 Likes

Sort of looks like some a high-brix exudate… if you touch a couple buds together, do they create similar strands when they are pulled apart from each other?

8 Likes