Any 100% purple strains known?

It’s good to know someone is still running black rose.

4 Likes

I’ve had it for years now. I’ll always keep that one around

5 Likes

Funny to see… like 2 or 3 years ago… i found out that 2 farmers in my village are stil keeping a clone of the dubbel paars (double purple) it is also called purple power…it is a very big yielder! And good against mold… here the farmers take it off the land at 23 september just before the corn go’s off
It is not a very strong smoke… last year i made s1 seeds from this clone… so i can keep it in seedform…
i am living in The Netherlands

5 Likes

I grew dutch passions Shawman its a cross between outdoor purple and early skunk got one pheno that was solid neon purple bud with white highlights ,the other pheno was red with purple highlights and tastes like Hawaiin Punch fruit juice

6 Likes

What about Anvil from Mandalorian Genetics? Its purple. Very purple.

1 Like

Fast buds purple lemonade if your into autoflowers !

22 Likes

That is a gorgeous plant! I prefer photo. plants but would totally grow that! Of course I’d be tempted to cross it with a purple photo strain and try to replicate it in a photo plant.

5 Likes

I’m currently growing out some Texada Purps. Doing a seed run. Never grown them before so time will tell how consistent the purple is.

5 Likes

Not sure how reliable it turns this cork or, but this is close to that whole plant purple look

East Coast Cultivars sells some strains on Cool Beans Seedbank that always turn purple no matter what the temps are. Just harvested this Indigo Creamsicle and the temps are hovering around mid 80’s.

Extreme citrus and grape smells and tastes.

8 Likes

IMG_20221104_200649_634 here’s one I grew,… buds turned in the last week. Purple all over. Complete. Another one I know of, almost turns black. Is Sirius black from Oregon breeders association
Edit I believe this was a tricoma Genetics plant I grew out.

3 Likes

I’m running 2 Purple Queen nursery clones in “The Gauntlet 2023” I will let you know in Sept. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

That is because beans are inbreeders. Cannabis is an outbreeder that is also Dioecious to boot.

1 Like

I follow this guy 2tents4growing on IG and he’s been locking down some solid Purple finishing lines

Oh, since this has been resurrected. Just to follow up on the mentions of Purple Unicorn from nearly two years ago. Yes it was a beautiful deep purple. But it takes forever to finish, tastes like earthy wood/straw (so kinda like mulch), did not make up for it in potency/effect. I wouldn’t grow it again with space/count restraints. But Maybe as a “decorative” plant amongst your other flowers so you have something different to look at, maybe just for pictures even.
@schmarmpit had much better pics of these

9 Likes

We differentiate mainly between the green and the purple phenotype. The purple phenotype accounts for approx. 75% per 10 seeds and is very attractive and fascinating to watch during flowering. The green pheno is shorter in height, finishes flowering earlier, and the buds are also more compact. The purple plants have long internodes, which has to be taken into account when growing in containers or a greenhouse.

I never grown this plant but it intrigues me. Just sharing. Good luck on your hunt for pure purps!!

4 Likes

I ended up using sweetseeds devil cream auto to play with purple. They have purple weed on mostly green plants. Also temp doesn’t matter with them. Not every plant is solid purple, but maybe I’ll be able to fix it better. Who knows? I used my crappy home made auto male on a dark devil (one of devil creams parents), then used a male from that onto a devil cream that didn’t have tons of purple which was a backwards step imo(still chucking at this point). I managed to find 2 males with a little purple from that and used them on some devil cream F2s fems. That fem cross was good. I got lucky and found really purple and really good plants to cross and it came thru nicely. So now things are getting more serious, and I’m sifting more plants, and plan to use more males moving forward sense the purple ones should be easier to find.
I had 20-30 of these F2 plants and only grew out the handful that were the most purple. They all had the same smell. violets stored in a musky basement.

this pile was from bottom buds that didn’t get pollinated cause they weren’t pistoled up yet when I hit the tops with pollen. I cut the finished tops off and left the bottoms of my two favorite ones to finish a little more for sampling. I got plenty stoned. More than I was hoping for.

these papers wrap around 1.5 times, so if I position the joints where they have one layer on top, you can spot the 2 purple ones thru the paper.

The current plan is to find and use a group of purple males from those seeds and backcross them onto the F2fems one more time. I’d like to grow the females bigger too, so I can see structure and leave more unpollinated for sampling. Then I’ll start going downwards thru F2, F3, F4 ect.

10 Likes

I can’t help but feel like @Bobgrows is missing from this Convo, she loves her purple plants

Also surprised the purple paonia paralyzer from @DougDawson wasn’t mentioned cuz I’ve seen the seed pods on other plants go purple from its dustings. Heavy purple lingers on those genetics for sure

For autos the blackstrap that @hollyho passed around was consistently dark ass purple too

3 Likes

That I do! 1) they are just pretty 2) some have the fruity flavors-terps I like or the coffee phenos like Pre 98 Bubba Kush.

This one was one of my favorites!!

Congo Sherbert…

@AzSeaindooin420 I think we’ve talked too much… lol I forget you know alot about me! 🫣 :shushing_face: :joy:

11 Likes

Talked to much? Never such a thing with the grow fam!

2 Likes