Any Female growers?

It would be nice if we kept some feminine views in site as we deal with are favorite girls. ( i have no children forgive me)
Day by day there are more women growers out there and the sausage fest is pretty much cooked so lets hear from them.
@LemonadeJoe Is it possible to see the ratio of men to women here?

24 Likes

Interesting idea @ryasco! When I first got on the icmag and Mr nice forums around 2006, female were like a grain of salt in a pepper shaker. Once of the episodes of Weedetiquette on Vice that was about all the women getting into the cannabis industry. It was a good episode, great series.

4 Likes

The last Grow i read had girls from Oregon running an outdoor grow. Had some beautiful Black Cherry Soda i believe it was.
@Eddie.saw

2 Likes

Wifes are the unsung heros of growers.

Respect to my Wife, and the wives that help with grows.

30 Likes

Iā€™m not so lucky with the garden help, but her patience knows no bounds dealing with my quirks.
@GrowerGoneWild

13 Likes

Female growers are rare like saffron. Maybe some will join us, but as been said there arenā€™t many in grower communities. (maybe it is still too risky hobby)

There is no user profile field for gender currently but I can look into adding itā€¦

Girls and flowers is natural connection :slight_smile:

29 Likes

It could be fun but it might be to early, like you said, ā€œrare like saffron.ā€ Hopefully a few come on board to show the rest what can be done.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

Looks like we might have to take what we can get.

Edited for stupid humor.

3 Likes

You nailed that one! Donā€™t know how my wife puts up with me sometimes, lol. When I talk cultivation to her she looks at me as if I am speaking and ancient alien language only found on the third outer Moon of Mars. I have better luck with football,lol.

9 Likes

At least here are a lot of female growersā€¦I startin learnin by a young girl when I started to grow alone my wayā€¦But I think womens prefer no to declarate her sex in forums, cos we men used give her more attemtion like woman than like growersā€¦in the bad n good senseā€¦

7 Likes

Yea, iā€™m afraid I started a dud thread. Sorry guys, and i mean that literally. Ha! Maybe we can give it time and try later.

2 Likes

Kind words Mr. Stonervet68, much appreciated.

1 Like

Ha ha nice thread from women to shooting hogs. Its your thread but I l;ike the original title. Perhaps a tribute thread from all of us who have a patient (silent) partner around the home, and how we include them in our gardening endeavors? Like NO question, bacon is the only substitute for a loving relationship, but Iā€™d love to get some of the females, out of the closet per say. I think wives and mothers still feel the prohibitionist stigma around cannabis, and heck nothing some women wonā€™t do to expose the weaknesses in other mothers to get a feeling of elevated social standing by humiliation, I suppose. Itā€™s a shame cause most of us who self-sustain share the fruits of our labour with our Ladies. I think women have the added social barriers which prevent them from coming forward and participating in this rebel society! Cheers

1 Like

You are right. I am cleaning thread now.

lol yeah donā€™t want ladies seeing that LMAO. I like it though.

1 Like

LOL. I am female. Great thread. I didnā€™t know we were in hiding! :slight_smile:

I started growing to challenge myself to see if I could. Iā€™ve gardening for many years and recently began using my indoor grow lights for tomatoes and peppers. I grow a lot of heritage and heirloom plants and save seed for next generations, so Iā€™d love to discover some heirloom cannabis.

So far so good anyways, Iā€™ve got Somango XL, Kushy Kush and White Widow on the first go. Iā€™ve been told to save my ladybugs from my ā€˜spring cleanupā€™ of leaves, so that they can go to work in the greenhouse. And Iā€™m eager to try out my handiwork.

Cheers all!

28 Likes

All right. Finally we found an elusive female grower! Welcome, we removed all the dead hog photoā€™s just in time.

6 Likes

Ha! I am not a herbivore. Pigs are bacon. Always.

7 Likes

We-we-we-wellcome, @mac07 ā€¦ But we prefer ā€œno pigs eatersā€ girls! (joke only).

4 Likes