Any Female growers?

When I first got here. I thought legsmahoney was woman and bobgrows was a man.

3 Likes

Omigawd! HOW did I miss this thread!?
I’ve been growing with Draig since 2004… belonged to a couple stes…were Mods at another Site where we did a lot of tutorials and tried to focus on helping new growers get started…but that place had SO much drama! Draig left before I did…but we gave up when it was no longer “user friendly”… I love micro farming, and gardening…got my Master gardeners under my belt- but didn’t do anything with it. I’m a Jill of all trades… but my health has become prohibitive of many of my hobbies…
LOVE seeing more women on here! And yeah…once they know you’re a woman…some act like freaks…just got a “clone baby” pm 2 days ago…pfft…go figure!

4 Likes

Female grower here! Just a couple of grows under my belt. I will be the forever student! Just growing for myself. Always learning.

7 Likes

Welcome welcome!

Always good to have a lady’s touch to the site. Also a pretty good growing group of late so hopefully we can keep it up

5 Likes

It is great you are all here. A bunch of ladies hanging around always classes up a place.

6 Likes

I didn’t realize it either. I would have directed you here :left_right_arrow:

It is so great to see the women coming to the grow community. Some day maybe we will over grow the men :wink:

:green_heart: :seedling:

11 Likes

Bump since it’s been 6 months!

I wish there was a ladies’ chat. I don’t mind being called broseph all the time, but it’s funny because if I went around calling all the guys, girls they would correct me every time, but the women nearly never correct it. :thinking:

5 Likes

my wife grows but shes not into social media. shes my backbone for sure. she actually got me interested in growing back when we were in hs lol.

4 Likes

How are your Fig trees doing? I have cuttings in my crisper drawer which I gonna root in 1 month…this one is indoors this winter and growing like a mofo…

1 Like

Hiya Phil! They’re in the greenhouse weathering the cold. I’ve managed to only have 3 nights at 30F come spring I’m planing to plant them in the ground. Been looking at the backyard figuring out where to plant them. I have 2 Large ones (yours) then another 2 I got in from Albania (one black one white no idea which is which) another 2 chicago hardies and 2 of the dwarf variety I was thinking of keeping in large pots. yours gave me a few last year, but ants destroyed many. Better luck this year I’m hopping.

3 Likes

I have a chicago black fig. Its the only thing that can survive in my climate

2 Likes

I was the little urchin with scrapes and bruises from climbing the damned things. Used to get fist sized black and even larger white figs.Ever since,i’ve been à la recherche des figues perdues (to misquote Proust)

1 Like

Hi one of the best growers I know is a female
She is the one that showed us how to grow in Octopots on the old opengrow from sannie seeds

@Gardenartus

Paps

10 Likes

GrowWeedEasy is female owned (Nebula) :metal:

And not only is she a grower, she’s probably one of the most well informed cannabis growers alive today.

8 Likes