Any here ever run Jungle Cake/Jungle boys?

Thoughts?

Tried this strain a few months ago and had amazing tri, structure, high, taste…everything. Seemed like it was all in the genetics cuz the grower it came from isn’t too skilled.

Thinking about springing for a sealed pack but they’re dam expensive.

If I go Jungle boys, what should I go with?

Open to all suggestions.

5 Likes

Also interested to hear. Over in the tkbx3 seed run, they’re having a big herm issue across two packs of seed junky bully kush seeds…I can’t seem to find where I read it, but I remember hearing there’s some affiliation between the two breeders, but I could definitely be mistaken. Also very interested in getting some kind of wedding cake cross and jungle boys is one of only a few places that offers.

Edit: meant to say Jungle Boys is one of the only places offering Wedding Cake BACKcrosses, obviously lots of places are offering hybrids.

2 Likes

I’ve ran a few of there strains from clone but never a full pack. Tklato, Lemon Drizzle and Coma are the clones what I’ve ran and they have all been really good, Ill dig some pics out, in fact my profile pic is the Tklato!

1 Like

https://jungleboysoc.org/product/jungle-boys-mai-tai/

Their Mai Tai is the one that dispensaries and growers rave about.

It’s actually the Mai Tai x Zskittles but they have so many strains now it’s hard to pick!

I’ve been eyeing the Jungle Lava (jungle cake x lava cake)

2 Likes

Wedding cake is a pheno of pink cookies or triangle cookies, same strain actually. Originally bred by seed junky. Wedding cake pheno found by jungle boys.

Seed junky just recently released wedding cake f4

3 Likes

Wedding cake is a pheno of triangle mints.

2 Likes

Makes sense…I was thinking the fact that the Jungle Boys found this pheno and handed the cut over to J Beezy for breeding indicated some kind of collaboration, but saying that out loud, it sounds like what anybody would be expected to do.

1 Like

That’s weird how we both seem to have read its a pheno of things with assumingly similar lineages. Triangle cookies and triangle mints would both be tk crossed with seed junky line. Kush mints or cookies.

I thought I was right but, you very well could be :man_shrugging:
Funny how the internet works lol

Edit: You’re definitely right, apparently it is also called pink cookies though. So, I was on the right path :nerd_face:

1 Like

Pretty much. And, kinda unrelated, but I believe Jb and Cap are either working on a collab or just released recently as well.

1 Like

I’ve got a pack of Topanga Canyon and a pack of Perfect Triangle from Jungle Boys ill get around to popping eventually.

3 Likes

Hey bro @Butustank that shit is definitely confusing sometimes. As far as I know TK x animal mints = triangle mints and wedding cake is a pheno of this.

Kush mints is bubba kush x animal mints

Good looking on the pink cookie name I never knew now I know

3 Likes

Always wanted to try Topanga Canyon! Tried to obtain a pack with no luck. I’ll keep my eye out for when you throw those down to live vicariously through you.

1 Like

I just picked up a 3.5 of Jungle Cake and now have myself a Jungle Cake bag seed! I’m going to pop it and see what happens!

3 Likes

keep us updated if it rocks

1 Like

i sure will

Reviving this thread for a quick minute…am picking up hot mints from jungle boys in a few weeks. Not sure if anyone has any input here. Haven’t kept up with the boys for a few years as I don’t love how they charge for their stuff but do respect them a bit? I guess? Either way, I’ll be grabbing some and running it out and probably hitting it with sweet and sour Cindy pollen. Throwing a line out to see if anyone’s around… :metal:t2:

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ve sampled the Hot Mints but sounds like a winner. Out here in SD they got 10g smalls for 50 bucks out the door, although it’s hit n miss with quality sometimes its really good, I usually go with their ogs when I was going there. I’ve actually grown the Jungle Cake “Wifi x Wedding Cake” from Seed Junky before they came up with the name, it was fire although did have a small herm issue on one of the plants and he actually offered to replace the pk with something else although I declined back then.

1 Like

Appreciate your input. I’ll definitely be throwing up pics when it comes around. Sounds nice and the cuts are at a price I can’t pass up, so on we roll! They’ve seemed pretty.friendly in interviews but it’s hard to tell who’s genuine through a screen

1 Like

I remember Ivan “jackmayoffer” from thcfarmer a long time ago. He’s always been cool and helpful throughout the years. I don’t follow them anymore but always been solid in my book. Seedjunky too always been a cool dude but I can’t respect his decision to work with glasshouse. His genetics changed the game in the past decade though.

1 Like