Any info/experience on Sciatica & CBD?

I have sciatica flare ups. Recently I’ve been smoking high THC, moderate CBD, strains for it. I have all the stuff being shipped to test out a CBD\THC lotion recipe that is high in oleic acid. I’ll keep you updated on it’s effectiveness.

2 Likes

Re: original post

The friend’s mother is using CBD daily and swears by it…a complete convert! Says her daily pain level has gone from “9 to 3”. :thumbsup: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I have three bulged/herniated discs in my lower back and arthrits in the sacral joints (both sides). This puts tremendous pressure on the sciatic and other nerves. I have recently tried only CBD at 30mg/day (been getting it for the dog so why not use it). While it does give me some relief, it seems I need a little THC in there to do the job right.

I would say try CBD first and if it doesn’t work well, or not enough, try something with a small amount of THC in it.

3 Likes

You would be exactly right. I found i needed a touch of thc. Well actually i tolerate thc well so i went for something that had more than a touch. But light yoga and stretching also helped. Well i say that but since i was doing both, not sure which one actually helped. One, the other, or both togrther…but im better. So there ya go.

1 Like

To add my experience with the plant and spine issues one of which is sciatica: I’ve found that CBD does help, but it stops helping at affordable doses pretty quickly on its own. CBG is much better for back issues I’ve found. Similar issue in that you gain tolerance to it fairly quickly, but it’s painkilling aspect stays for a bit. CBC is what I would recommend over CBD easily. Think of it like chamomile tea vs CBD. CBC is like CBD and CBD is like the tea. It makes CBD look like a herbal supplement that barely works even though CBD does so much. I’d highly recommend something with a combination of the 3 for back issues as a whole.

I’ve also found that terpinolene also helps with the Entourage effect and seems to help loosen my back up also while killing pain like a dangerous dose of ibuprofen (800mg and up) without the risk of kidney and liver failure.

I want to say that strains high in terpinolene also contain respectable CBG, CBC, and CBD amounts too. I’ve found that earthy strains help me more than anything, so that’s a thought.

Edit: Glad to be back finally. CBG becomes THC, CBD, and CBC. I can’t remember where CBL comes from ATM. There must be some kind of environmental conditions that lean the plant to produce each of them. I do remember CBG and THC are both insecticidal. Maybe simulating a infestation may coax out more of both. By that logic though if we know what cannabinoids help with each environmental condition we could probably tailor a pheno expression to a degree. It’ll most likely be a slight effect at first.

Now back on to effects. I’ve found that CBC doesn’t block my high and actually intensifies it, so less THC in that ratio nay be ideal. If I have oil with a 2:1 THC:CBD with 3% CBG and 1% CBC (usually a mix of oils to make a specific profile) I get both heavily medicated and pretty high off a small dab. The oil I have now is close and is missing CBG in a decent percentage. It just needs more terps LoL. I taste myrcene, caryophyllene, and terpinolene as the primary terps with a small amount of limonene and pinene as a hint in the background of the aftertaste. It’s higher in CBD than I like though. I’m an oddball and THC regulates my mood back to normal easier than it can get me high. Being sane enough to know you’re psycho sucks, but at least I can speak from na extreme side of the medical needs​:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: bipolar and autism don’t combine well with severe ADHD and mild OCD once you develop GAD. Just ask my buddies on the site. I’m like a strange mix of Animal, Piglet, Tigger, Kermit, and Eeyore. At any moment I switch between them and yes I just went to a childhood call back. :joy:

I have found that those strains that are a combination (1:1, 2:1, 3:1, etc) CBD to THC, are also higher in CBG. I agree that it is an important part of the relief. I was, however, ignorant of the effedct of CBC. Will have to check it out.

BTW, Oni It’s good to have you back.

1 Like

IMO natural whole cannabis - THC and CBD and the hundreds of other cannabinoids and terpenes - is always more medically effective than pure CBD or THC…always.

that is the caveat to remember with all the current hype around CBD. And CBD is not the most medically effective single ingredient of cannabis either - that honor goes to THC.

So even a 15 to 1 ratio of CBD to THC works better than pure CBD. When people ask me about CBD I always say it’s helpful, it might work, if you want the most effective relief you’ll need whole cannabis or at least a THC/CBD extract product.

Studies have also shown that people taking only CBD need far higher doses - like 10 times higher - than CBD/THC products. The extreme high doses of CBD start to have side effects, like itching, dehydration, and other nasty stuff that people taking whole cannabis have never experienced.

1 Like

I agree that THC is useful when combined with CBD. I make my mom a 20:1 tincture with rosin and CBD isolate.

1 Like

I have also heard that they assist in the absorbtion of each other. Is that true?

1 Like

good articles:

1 Like