Any original OG members back?

hi guys, OG member from 2001 to 2004, nickname was Dark.Schneider 73 or Dee.S73 , can’t honestly remember
I had the chance of meeting a few “legends” like Shantibaba(Scott) from Mr Nice seeds, Howard Marks , Breeder Steve of SOL , Bubbleman and his nice family, in Switzerland, at cannatrade 2001/'2/'3.
quimik, if u read this, hope u’re well m8… I have found a few seeds of your genetics from back then… :wink:
some of my Floberry f1 seeds went up for auction in 2004/5 .any chance who got them is around ?? would love to see the offspring… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Figure I’ll tote this old worn out handle. Found Overgrow back in 2000 and lurked around until it went down. Lots has happened and changed since those years.

What an awesome day it is to see this re-emergence.

4 Likes

Found this original Overgrow T in my closet today.

18 Likes

THAT IS AWESOME!!!..

5 Likes

When I was in high school I would stay up all night learning about strains and grow tips. Printed out pages and pages of grow guides to pass out in class. Jay4121 maybe. Always lurking never posting, I was 16

5 Likes

Awesome!

There is still that original shop with t-shirts and mousepads :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am a returning member from years ago…I was known as greenlung back then. It’s great to be back!

6 Likes

Damn bro it’s been a long time. Hope you are well.

I’m an old foger , I date back to weedbase and the beginning of Overgrow and CW in 99. Posted mainly on CW. Bailed out in 2002 and focused on another passion. Found this place today by accident and was wondering if Mr. Soul ever resurfaced now that things are different. Sure enough someone posted a picture of Soul and Subcool.

Is A77’s Cali O clone still around?

3 Likes

WB m8…
Brothers Grimm’s up and running again since a few months… :slight_smile:
peace…
D_S

3 Likes

Wow, so Mr. Soul really exists! But why does his current C99 look like a leafy indica compared to the original C99? Apollo 11 does look just like the old one.

But one of the best things about original C99 was its very high calyx-to-leaf ratio, and short flowering time (7.5-8 weeks). Whatever they’re selling now does not look like the C99 I’ve been growing all these years.

5 Likes

Moments ago I was reading about the benefits of digesting tons of source material and engaging in communication with peers on your own research. I thought about some of the important/influential social arenas that fostered my life experience learning, exploring, and creating. Then I googled “remember overgrow website” … Boom! This thread jumped at me and I am seriously moved… at the memories of the original Overgrow community. Wow. Thinking about the incredible wealth of knowledge that was shared, the great humor and creative talent, the love of ‘growth’ cultivated by the original community. I hope that this new Overgrow community ‘grows’ with openness, integrity, and fearlessness. Happy to be here.

7 Likes

I was part of the community under the same name, but didn’t post much as I was a learner. Seeing these old names again is a trip! Heaven’s Stairway busted, OG disappears. What the hell? Story was the US Gov’t wanted the Mounties to shut it all down. Learned so much. Thanks OG, good to see you back.

5 Likes

Welcome back to OG. Make yourself comfortable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad this community is back. What a joy. Yes I’m pre-2006, and this site is where it all began for me. Great memories nervously ordering seeds from Gypsy Nirvana, and then growing great out incredible strains.

5 Likes

Welcome back! Glad you made it.

3 Likes

Howdy all!
I was Calyxander on OG way back then.
I have been enjoying the reincarnated OG for a little while now.
I was Wavels on the old CW, until that site rode off into the sunset.

I was wondering if I can reacquire my Calyxander moniker for this site?

Here is a grow report I did back in '04:

8 Likes

Boo. I’m back – think I was around from 2001-2004 or so, probably under the name “oranje.” Think I have a few Bogglegum seeds in their original packaging, if that’s proof enough :smile:

Should bring back the “pic of the week” votes, those were fun.

11 Likes

Welcome back to OG…

5 Likes

well Hello there! coincidentally read today ,on mrnice.nl, that og is back, and immediatley subscribed.
was a member back then under the same name. i registered in 2000 i believe. many good memories, including meeting likeminded fellow growers. i wish i could have access to my photo gallery from back then, since i lost them…
Welcome back OG!

12 Likes

Wb Knospe, I’m I right remembering you on weedpost.com too ?
D_S

2 Likes