Any original OG members back?

I was just starting to grow in 2005 i was on icmag and the original overgow and remember when it went down it was such a bummer. Glad it’s back!!

8 Likes

Original from 1999 with this nickname. icmag I was Caprichoso, Cappy and Compassionate Carl, but they’re all dead accounts now. Still searchable tho!

8 Likes

I am certain I had an account here long ago, before the bust, although I never reused names and do not recall what my username nor email account I used to register was… I do recall feeling a bit of security while using hushmail to register accounts starting in 1999 and want to believe my account was registered using that service. I recall always enabling VPN found through samair.ru before logging in or browsing because I was extremely paranoid due to the old laws that were in effect back then and I fully recall the FBI seizure warning that replaced the site that one fateful day :grimacing: Talk about paranoia-inspiring! I never logged in to whatever email I used after that day. Funny how so much has transpired and all that everyone has been through just to grow and smoke a plant :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Hi all - I can’t think of how many hours I spent in OG back in the day - definitely pre RC bust probably 2002-2003. The world was a different place and OG felt like a separate world in itself. I remember my Fresh Prince crew and all the helpful people with whom I discussed all kinds of random topics. Good to see some are still around!

7 Likes

Hey I remember you!

2 Likes

hello everybody, I am so happy overgrow is back, such great memories. I see dequilo and so many other members, really awesome. I have been inactive for like 12 years, going to be getting things back up and running just for the misses thou. The new led tech looks pretty good. I forgot how much I missed this place

11 Likes

I first found OG and learned how to grow weed in 2003 because of this site. I’m glad to see it is thriving again!

I can’t even remember what my nickname was all those years ago. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@GrownAtHighAltitude soo glad @CrunchBerries introduced you back to the site! Your story sounds soo similar to my own… went to ICMag for awhile as well.

☆DJSF

6 Likes

Greetings all . Well 2004 was around the time I got on OG right up till the 2006 RC bust. Same with CW . So when checking Auctions for seeds at Heavens Stairways upon getting home from work - I saw the news about the bust . Money ,Gold bars , and most of all OG & CW servers. Panic sets in and the strong racy sativa I was smoking didn’t help. Waiting for “FBI open up” ! I was getting info. from IC &PG but I had to trash everything . I stay low and silent for a long time , lurking on other forums hoping to see some good news like the servers were cloned or something . But the drama at IC was building pressure so wasn’t fun to be in a forum , like losing a part of life that I had grown so attached to, the breeders, auctions and growers family. Safety first meant time to go.That was then , this is now. BTW- the main forum ID’s BuzzLiteYr and BongFodder. I will say that from what I’ve seen on here so for it is a relief how good the vibes and welcome are to an old grower. So much nostalgia , grow tech. and tips - Can’t wait to “dig in”.

9 Likes

I was here around the early 2000’s. Dropped out of the game around 2005. BushyOlderGrower taught me how to grow. He taught me the bomb soil mixture that made my plants take off and produce some of the best weed I’ve ever had.

My name back then, Petedacook, what else? I was a regular on ththe site at one opoint in time. I’m gonna post an old pic I have (I thtink) from my first grow. It was in a phototron. The seed was from a skunk strain that was self polinated. I got few seeds from a few bags of weed from a local grower.

The Phototron wasn’t making buds well at all. I ended up taking apart the Phototron apart and putting a 500 W Metal Halide over the plant. I ended up with a pretty good yield. In fact, the guy that sold the weed I got the seeds from gave me the metal halide light to help a new grower along.

After thtat grow I bought seeds from Nirvana (who else back then on OG?). I ordered about 5 different strains and ended up with Bubbligum leading the pack. It grew the best in the environment I had. A hot attic for veg, and a ~2 X 8 closet for flowering.

Weed growers are like a large, tight knit community. It’s like; “Oh! You grow? Alright, whats the specs? Need help?” That’s one reason this site was kickass in the 2000’s and is still kickass. I receiv’edd many warm welcomes. Shameless pic of my current, LEGAL grow.

15 Likes

Hey all,

I might as well cross-post it probably where it should be in this thread. I made a separate post in the Basic Growing Info section last night. I’m a OG member from 2001 and it’s great to be back!!! I had an account which I thought I still had from 2001 but looks like it was lost in the mix many moons ago. Anyway, glad to be back on board and looking forward to getting reacquainted with the classics as well as modern strains/hybrids and newer growing techniques. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years already. Time flies. Cheers all!!

11 Likes

Okay, cross-post it is. Originally posted in The Legends of OG…

Heh. Stoopid google search for orgnkid and lo & behold…well if this ain’t some sort of reunion, I’m not really sure what is, lol!

Seem to be must missing the real old old-timers though…abusive, kush kid, cowboy, g-thumb, maddog, O.Gkushman, orgnkid, putz, raskal, swerve, … (wow, old timers kicked in and I 'member more than I thought I did :slight_smile: ).

GrowBB modem-crew, where all y’all at? We need to make a new Kush! We were all on the old og board too right?

HAOG crew…BOO! Who loves ya baby? The O.W.L is baaaaaack!!! A long way from Cali but hey…Internet baby, lol!

@LemonadeJoe please hit me up in pm

-peace

7 Likes

Another old member checking out the new site, although I tended to spend more time on CW then OG it’s good to see some familiar names still kicking around.

8 Likes

Old member from 2000 - if anyone is out there from the oldschool bog threads/forums would be good to catch up! -hkm

7 Likes

Welcome @Somatek and @hindukushmaster glad to see you back. Alot of ole school members here. Make yourselves at home

6 Likes

2003 Here. . I didnt use this name… I forgot the name I used… Probably was Firecracker or something like that.

5 Likes

I remember Maddog. He once asked me :“Why are you using some much soil… you got money to burn or something…” hehehe

4 Likes

Sadly I didn’t start growing BOG’s gear until later when Plan B was selling hi and another breeders gear (Texas Lonestar or something like that). Other then a couple of BOG’s legendary threads, like his graduated potting tutorial, I wasn’t active on the old OG much.

6 Likes

I use to go by Talis back in the day. I’ll see you guys and gals around.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)