Any original OG members back?

50? Wait to you hit 70.

Every 5 years after the age 50 brings on a marked decline in all kinds of things.

Good luck with the cancer ditty. Aint fun.

3 Likes

So true. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Y’know, when I was a kid, I never understood why old people were so grumpy.

Now I know.

3 Likes

Hi again guys. It´s been a while. I had an epiphany, and decided to come outside of the closet. In literal sense. I have not taken photos of my garden in 18 years. Time to show and tell.
I will soon start a thread or two, but for now…

Here is a bonzai mom, coming into flower. Flipped at. 10 december. AK-47 from Serious Seeds ( Batch: A-AK 0570 - fem )

Oh, and can I get that OG sign. I don´t know why, but it seems important to me.

9 Likes

Welcome @Tspot
If you mean an OG sticker. Here is a link
Overgrow :dark_sunglasses: stickers, t-shirts and other merchandise

2 Likes

A little advice if I may, that is some serious N deficiency which will compromise your yields. Leaves produce bud, not foods.

I hope you’re not feeding them some “special” bloom food?

This is what I’m doing FWIW. Am not feeding and all plants are a deep green. Doing the root pruning thing again, this time with MicroKote - #36 by OldUncleBen

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, Ben, this place once was my home, and I spent countless hours studying and teaching people in the old OG. Seems like the new OG is not far from its origins.

This one is a test of sorts…
I usually keep my moms in soil, in big kiddie pool tubs, and flower the cuttings in DWC or GE waterfarm. That way the mom needs minimal caretaking and I have to water them like once a week. I had originally no plan to flower this one, and it has compost worms in it, so I cannot fertililize it. So it´s been fed only water it´s entire lifespan.

3 Likes

Naa, seems that my feeble ego is in need of that “OLDSCHOOL MEMBER” thingy. Dunno why… I guess, because I am one.

3 Likes

DUDE ! bro, I still remember your signiatures, “DEA can´t touch this” “From russia with love” Man you were one of the coolest mods in the joint. So cool to hear from you. You never lived in russia did you ? Naa, you dont have to answer that.

1 Like

Hey if you get one, I want one too! I qualify, don’t I?

2 Likes

Is not enough nutrition. I’d move the worms to a new home and apply Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 5-6 month. I use it on everything. I have citrus, avocado, mango, annona trees in RootBuilder bottomless pots that will produce 200+ on each tree.
It’s all about plant nutrition and soil chemistry.

Good luck!

Funny you should bring this date thing up. I found some of my first journal notes stashed in an inside pocket of a Mel Frank’s book. 1997 !!! 25 years ago. We’re getting old dude! :grimacing: :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s some OLD photos. Some are scanned Polaroids. I doubt if any one here has ever shot one of those 1 minute photo miracle cams.

seedlings

Here’s a shot after the clip (topping) which led me to posting my technique of training for 2 to 4 main colas instead of one. To reiterate, clip above the first set of true leaves for 2 main colas, 2nd set of true leaves for 4 main colas. Not the cotyledons. The plants must be seedlings with opposing leaf sets.

53A

7 Likes

Last I heard of him he had a go fund me and was not doing so well. a bunch of drama started over some business discussions that some how were recorded and then leaked threw planet ganja maybe 14-15 years ago. He is also still a site admin on another site.
This is what subcool had to say about him

2 Likes

How sad…

You’ve got to be a dumbass to get involved with that black market stuff. I am financially secure having retired with a pension at the age of 54, invested in land, stocks, etc., the legal way. I chose NOT to be a part of this tawdry, greedy biz.

Glad it’s legal in most places. Takes most of the scumbags out of the biz.

Where you sit is what you see - Gypsy was always good to me, if you consider “good” as getting free stuff like Zamal from his visit with Christophe, a french grower, on the island of Reunion.

Lots of haters back in the day. I had dozens of trolls, haters, that just were un-relentless in their pursuit to destroy me, while not knowing squat when it comes to what makes a plant tick. I never let those bullies define who or what I was as a person or a very seasoned horticulturist. I did chat with a few nice folks at OG, CW (Cannabis World) and Planet Ganja that let the internet punks get to them.

…and that’s a shame.

4 Likes

Yeah I always avoided it myself , but I’m happy living a simple life , some realy loved the thrill of it all.

1 Like

That is some shit right there.? You are great at playing the victim. You brought all the hate on yourself… you think you can rewrite history but I will call you on it every time.

2 Likes

Howdy everyone. OG was the first forum I joined when I first started researching growing back in 2004-2005. Ended up also joining icmag before the shutdown and was over there until around 2012. Took a break from forums. Had some kids. Been doing outdoor grows when I can, but now that my states legal to grow im hopping back on the saddle.
Nice to be back :v:

5 Likes

Once a troll, always a troll it seems. In the old days I’d say “bring it on”.

At the ripe old age of 73… all I can say is “life’s too short” to waste my time.

Peace on ya,
Uncle Ben

4 Likes

Back in the day it was more of a resource for me, than a community board… it helped me so much. its how i was able to have a successful first grow. Met some great people that helped me along the way. ph, joolz, H3ad, and others… im looking forward to doing a diary again soon.

5 Likes