Any original OG members back?

Wow! I had no idea this stuff was a massive as it was. I hope he has enough cash reserves stashed away to have financial peace of mind in his old age.

Wonder about Gypsy? Doesn’t seem he has any involvement in such criminal elements. I knew there was some crap going on between him and POM.

2 Likes

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/47601-gypsy-nirvana/

Gypsy I think was facing extradition to the USA from the UK, and fled to the Philippines. I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I think the charges were dropped.

2 Likes

Spinal stuff is a hellish thing that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. I go see the Ortho about my back next week, and I am not looking forward to it. (I gotta go get a bunch of skin cancers removed as well, and that’s no treat either.)

Getting old isn’t for the weak. Once you hit 50, that “check engine” light comes on…

5 Likes

50? Wait to you hit 70.

Every 5 years after the age 50 brings on a marked decline in all kinds of things.

Good luck with the cancer ditty. Aint fun.

3 Likes

So true. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Y’know, when I was a kid, I never understood why old people were so grumpy.

Now I know.

4 Likes

Hi again guys. It´s been a while. I had an epiphany, and decided to come outside of the closet. In literal sense. I have not taken photos of my garden in 18 years. Time to show and tell.
I will soon start a thread or two, but for now…

Here is a bonzai mom, coming into flower. Flipped at. 10 december. AK-47 from Serious Seeds ( Batch: A-AK 0570 - fem )

Oh, and can I get that OG sign. I don´t know why, but it seems important to me.

9 Likes

Welcome @Tspot
If you mean an OG sticker. Here is a link
Overgrow :dark_sunglasses: stickers, t-shirts and other merchandise

2 Likes

A little advice if I may, that is some serious N deficiency which will compromise your yields. Leaves produce bud, not foods.

I hope you’re not feeding them some “special” bloom food?

This is what I’m doing FWIW. Am not feeding and all plants are a deep green. Doing the root pruning thing again, this time with MicroKote - #36 by OldUncleBen

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, Ben, this place once was my home, and I spent countless hours studying and teaching people in the old OG. Seems like the new OG is not far from its origins.

This one is a test of sorts…
I usually keep my moms in soil, in big kiddie pool tubs, and flower the cuttings in DWC or GE waterfarm. That way the mom needs minimal caretaking and I have to water them like once a week. I had originally no plan to flower this one, and it has compost worms in it, so I cannot fertililize it. So it´s been fed only water it´s entire lifespan.

3 Likes

Naa, seems that my feeble ego is in need of that “OLDSCHOOL MEMBER” thingy. Dunno why… I guess, because I am one.

3 Likes

DUDE ! bro, I still remember your signiatures, “DEA can´t touch this” “From russia with love” Man you were one of the coolest mods in the joint. So cool to hear from you. You never lived in russia did you ? Naa, you dont have to answer that.

1 Like

Hey if you get one, I want one too! I qualify, don’t I?

2 Likes

Is not enough nutrition. I’d move the worms to a new home and apply Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 5-6 month. I use it on everything. I have citrus, avocado, mango, annona trees in RootBuilder bottomless pots that will produce 200+ on each tree.
It’s all about plant nutrition and soil chemistry.

Good luck!

Funny you should bring this date thing up. I found some of my first journal notes stashed in an inside pocket of a Mel Frank’s book. 1997 !!! 25 years ago. We’re getting old dude! :grimacing: :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s some OLD photos. Some are scanned Polaroids. I doubt if any one here has ever shot one of those 1 minute photo miracle cams.

seedlings

Here’s a shot after the clip (topping) which led me to posting my technique of training for 2 to 4 main colas instead of one. To reiterate, clip above the first set of true leaves for 2 main colas, 2nd set of true leaves for 4 main colas. Not the cotyledons. The plants must be seedlings with opposing leaf sets.

53A

7 Likes

Last I heard of him he had a go fund me and was not doing so well. a bunch of drama started over some business discussions that some how were recorded and then leaked threw planet ganja maybe 14-15 years ago. He is also still a site admin on another site.
This is what subcool had to say about him

2 Likes

How sad…

You’ve got to be a dumbass to get involved with that black market stuff. I am financially secure having retired with a pension at the age of 54, invested in land, stocks, etc., the legal way. I chose NOT to be a part of this tawdry, greedy biz.

Glad it’s legal in most places. Takes most of the scumbags out of the biz.

Where you sit is what you see - Gypsy was always good to me, if you consider “good” as getting free stuff like Zamal from his visit with Christophe, a french grower, on the island of Reunion.

Lots of haters back in the day. I had dozens of trolls, haters, that just were un-relentless in their pursuit to destroy me, while not knowing squat when it comes to what makes a plant tick. I never let those bullies define who or what I was as a person or a very seasoned horticulturist. I did chat with a few nice folks at OG, CW (Cannabis World) and Planet Ganja that let the internet punks get to them.

…and that’s a shame.

4 Likes

Yeah I always avoided it myself , but I’m happy living a simple life , some realy loved the thrill of it all.

1 Like

That is some shit right there.? You are great at playing the victim. You brought all the hate on yourself… you think you can rewrite history but I will call you on it every time.

2 Likes