Any original OG members back?

Hi guys I guess I should Have paid more enough attention to this thread Hi guys… i Hi guys it’s straydog…sd9007…straydog9

1 Like

I was #7 to ever be logged on here…skoosh… Gave me access…

I know some of you guys are still out there Get in touch

1 Like

Welcone back folks…Was I the only Phototron grower back then?

00c37a63e766fc78d5678b6e010ecc7aa8dede29_2_666x500.jpeg

7 Likes

Does that Phototron still work? If so fire that thing up man! Would be a great thread.

2 Likes

Of course it does that picture of the Phototron in the field just came outa the Phototron Shop everything was change…all new wires, ballast and bulbs…my buddy is a Phototron Technician…I have 1 new one never been used still in a box in my garage bromigos…

here’s a thread…btw, I only use them during winter indoor grows…

I’m mostly an outdoor grower now…

8 Likes

@Cannabis, welcome to Overgrow.

1 Like

Welcome to Overgrow @norml56.

1 Like

Checking in. I was on the original OG back in the early 2000s with the same name. I haven’t been on any of the forums for quite some time. My growing has shifting from indoor and trying to collect every elite strain cali had to offer to now ordering feminized seeds and seeing what the sun and the earth with water only will give me…
But I’m still here, with about 20 years of knowledge and experience under my belt and an old school collection of old school strains in seed form now that I pollinated with my trusty male to keep some form of the legends alive.

8 Likes

Welcome to the new version of Overgrow @sidewing! It’s cool to read how your path has evolved across your journey thus far. Since you mention previously being interested in the California elite varieties and that you’re currently in the ordering Fems phase and just seeing what the universe throws into your lap, I’ve got to ask, are you already familiar with Nspecta and his work under his CSI Humboldt Seeds brand?

He offers a bunch of elites in Fem S1 versions as well as other feminized hybrids with other elites. Curious about your trusty male and it’s attributes! Hope you’re having a nice day. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

Welcome @sidewing, glad you have signed back up at the best grow site on the net… do you still have some of the great elites in your garden?

2 Likes

I’m not. I haven’t been involved regularly in anything online in many years. I order from seedsman and I usually just stick to mostly Barney, seedsman and RQS cause they’re always what they claim to be and quality. I’ve ordered from ace, sensei and a couple others to get some rare ones, but they’ve been hit and miss.
I’ll check them out though.
I have probably at least 60 different strains in the fridge… Feminized ones ordered, crosses I’ve made, and ones I’ve traded…
Barney, seedsman and Royal Queen seeds have been very pleasant cause you get the quality and real deal strains without having to deal with the risk of pests/mites/mildew… Plus when you grow it outside, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get a handful of s1 seeds to replenish stock… So you really only need like a 3 pack to begin with of a particular strain.
I don’t keep clones alive anymore, but I just started germinating: Ken’s gdp s1, Ken’s gdp x phantom cookies x cherry pie (my cross), purple Alaskan (seedsman), lemonchello haze (seedsman), Panama Red (ace seeds i think?), Jamaican dream, lemon drizzle, lemon tree, orange sherbet and shiska berry… I got my eyes open for a lemon Cherry gelato clone or seeds if they’re available… I have some flower and live resin vape carts and that strain is my favorite right now

5 Likes

Good to see OG up and running again. I was here back in the day. 2001 was when I started buying seeds and growing. Think I went by ChilliMushroom back then. I stopped growing and sold off my seed collection around 2019. I’ve recently had the itch to grow again but don’t have an ideal location. In the meantime I’m buying seeds and reading grow journals.

5 Likes

Original member here too, not sure on dates but may have some of the old site threads saved somewhere on an old HD. Will pop them up somewhere if I find them

4 Likes

Welcome back, @Even and @MLG ! The State of OG is strong!

4 Likes

I’m back! Last post must have been around 2003 or so. Can’t believe 20 years has gone by. Wish I could look at my old logs. But anywho. Love you all!

4 Likes

Welcome to the new iteration of Overgrow @WheresWaldo, it’s great to have you here. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

wow chimera it has been a long time since ive seen that name how ya been … hows the crosses coming along … i havent conversed with you since og days … i keep the straw that you sent me with the frostbite seeds in it just as a memory of the good old days lol … just retired from firestone figured id try to start growing again … ill hollar at you again peace

2 Likes

Hi Guys, i was a member with the same nick about 2002-2006. Now is 2024! History comes full circle

5 Likes

Welcome to this new version of Overgrow @siouyo. The community is wonderful here you’ve found a great place. Many blessings and much love