Any original OG members back?

I just re joined today. I think 2002 was when I first joined. I remember the bust never came back to the site until recently. Glad to see this alive and well. I dumped the hobby for sometime but recently jumped back in. Happy to be back at it.

7 Likes

Welcome Don_Collins,
The bust sucked real bad!
I did not tear down, or change handles, but went into a weird, place, where I’d walk my property during the night, looking for any sign of surveillance.
Looking for any signs of sneak an peek fuckery, going on.
Hell, I even holed up, in my garden shed, over night, more than once, as I got a feeling something was amiss. Some eyes were on me, maybe.
But the paranoia, did subside, and nothing happened, ultimately.
But the smart folks did tear down.
The OG 2.0 is way different, but just fine, and good cannabis community, IMHO.

5 Likes

Welcome back to Overgrow @Don_Collins

I’m one of the ones from way back. Went by the name Canna’isseur. I now collect landrace strains, and their hybrids.
To my personal tastes, pot has gone south. The so called “modern” strains are crap. They might blow your mind(maybe) in one way for a short while, but quickly become Crack weed… meaning you smoke a lot, and just dont get that satisfaction… and just smoke more and more…In comparison the old school landrace strains and hybrids are WAY better. Better buzz, and overall experience. I love the happy buzz, both sativa and indica, as well that the buzz lasts and lasts…
I have a license to grow hemp in Florida, but only grow that for now. This year we might have both legalization and growing rights…
I have 7 acres and plan 10 different varieties. If it does not pass, I will just quit. What is out there right now is pure junk to me, and I’d rather quit then smoke Modern Crack strains.
The over hybridization of strains has led to junk pot. I’d rather have nothing…

17 Likes

Welcome @Cannabis ! Lots of Landrace action here. @cdues21 just did a Bolocistan Black Tiger preservation run. He delivered 5 different sets of seeds,using different phenos. Real professional run.

5 Likes

Thank you!
Glad to see others enjoying and preserving old school genetics.

6 Likes

OG member from way back in 2001 until the site was closed down. Glad to be back. Still using the same user name I had from the OG days as well.

9 Likes

Welcome @norml56 ! Come on in and make yourself at home!

3 Likes

Speaking of BOG…look at this old relic.

My old signed copy I got from Chris(Meduser) from back in the day. :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

18 Likes

Hi guys I guess I should Have paid more enough attention to this thread Hi guys… i Hi guys it’s straydog…sd9007…straydog9

2 Likes

I was #7 to ever be logged on here…skoosh… Gave me access…

1 Like

I know some of you guys are still out there Get in touch

2 Likes

Welcone back folks…Was I the only Phototron grower back then?

00c37a63e766fc78d5678b6e010ecc7aa8dede29_2_666x500.jpeg

9 Likes

Does that Phototron still work? If so fire that thing up man! Would be a great thread.

3 Likes

Of course it does that picture of the Phototron in the field just came outa the Phototron Shop everything was change…all new wires, ballast and bulbs…my buddy is a Phototron Technician…I have 1 new one never been used still in a box in my garage bromigos…

here’s a thread…btw, I only use them during winter indoor grows…

I’m mostly an outdoor grower now…

9 Likes

@Cannabis, welcome to Overgrow.

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @norml56.

2 Likes

Checking in. I was on the original OG back in the early 2000s with the same name. I haven’t been on any of the forums for quite some time. My growing has shifting from indoor and trying to collect every elite strain cali had to offer to now ordering feminized seeds and seeing what the sun and the earth with water only will give me…
But I’m still here, with about 20 years of knowledge and experience under my belt and an old school collection of old school strains in seed form now that I pollinated with my trusty male to keep some form of the legends alive.

10 Likes

Welcome to the new version of Overgrow @sidewing! It’s cool to read how your path has evolved across your journey thus far. Since you mention previously being interested in the California elite varieties and that you’re currently in the ordering Fems phase and just seeing what the universe throws into your lap, I’ve got to ask, are you already familiar with Nspecta and his work under his CSI Humboldt Seeds brand?

He offers a bunch of elites in Fem S1 versions as well as other feminized hybrids with other elites. Curious about your trusty male and it’s attributes! Hope you’re having a nice day. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

Welcome @sidewing, glad you have signed back up at the best grow site on the net… do you still have some of the great elites in your garden?

3 Likes