Any original OG members back?

MadagascarX is back! :slight_smile:

Nice to see Overgrow is back on the scene!

6 Likes

Good day all; I’m back too. Same handle if anyone remembers. Still have the original ogfaqs archived on my computer…

Took a long break from growing, now getting back. In 2006 I was just graduating college. Now I have a wife and a kid and a mortgage. And a proper grow room on under construction for Canada’s October magic.

Stay lit, friends.

5 Likes

Welcome back @MadagascarX and @HappyHemper, I’m looking forward to seeing you around!

5 Likes

Great to see new ‘old’ members sign up almost every day!

Well done Team Overgrow and hi @HappyHemper @MadagascarX

7 Likes

A Great Welcome

Fellow Cannadhian

enjoy the place and stay medicated

Bare

4 Likes

ps…This is the only thing I had left on OG…I started this this thread here first,Then when shit went south I went to IC and the thread Is still active after a decade!!..But it started here,and this year I will bring it back…

This was in 04 I believe. I see A few fellow old school TOG’ers>>Boo!! [good to see you] … I Was Outdoor MOD…Nice to see old and new alike…Still doing it EXACTLY the way I was then…

8 Likes

Welcome back to OG, @wolfshadow63 ! It is nice to see old schoolers find way back :slight_smile:

I think for most of us - including me - it has all started here on OG !

3 Likes

I been nosing around,and figuring the site out…I see I can get a Oldschool badge? Only time im on PC is home…

I never log on from phone…Anyway,Feeling kind of like home. So much has changed in the MJ world…

Thanks!! for the quick response…Heard OG was back up awhile ago.Was a little concerned about security ect,
Will be active around the boards just as soon as can get a little better with the keys…I look back at some of the things I did with PC back then and wonder how I did it!!..I was actually “living” in/off the land for a decade!! I found OG about 5 years into that part of my life…Found the site in a High times magazine 2000/01?..First time I ever sat down at a computer was to get help to find this website>>The rest is history!! Thanks LJ!!

7 Likes

As far I can remember… the old Overgrow was my first forum I did visit !
I guess in that time by the name Mr.XX

SpeesCees

4 Likes

wb @wolfshadow63 !
DS

3 Likes

Back on OG round 2002. Under Jonblaise.

Started a thread with some fine Chilean genetics but can’t seem to find the pics now

I remember BOG, Bubbleman. .

Just diagnosed with seizures so looking to start medicating

8 Likes

Hey OG, I was lost but now I’m found.
Found OG in 1999, as I was teaching myself how use a computer. For those that remember 98 Second edition, it was an ugly time, as I crashed my system so much back then.
My very first searches were to find, Libertarians, and weed hounds.
I lurked until late in 2000 until I gather up enough courage to jump in and do it.
I made a donation to foolgirl, and my love with OG blossomed big big.
I fell head over heels in love with the archives and when I learned to Gallery dive, there was gold in them post and pictures!!
Started to build a NGB Stealth box, then into Freedom Buckets, and out go the lights!!
Same handle then as now!!
webe

11 Likes

Hi All,. I was originally Hapycampr on Og1. My very first indoor grow was modeled after Maliboo’s C13 thread. That was many moons ago. I’m happy to be back.

6 Likes

Oh man was that some bloat ware! The problem was everything went into System32 and bogged down the OS. I remember having to reinstall that POS every couple of months. That’s when I switched to Linux for my daily use and kept Windows just for Starcraft.

2 Likes

Hey ReikoX, I was just and old shop dog up to that point, welding, fabricating, and building printing presses. Had good mechanical skills, but a computer!! Neanderthal meets technology. It was ugly…real ugly.
Loving that OG is back.

7 Likes

I’m so glad to see this site back up. We’ve come a long way forward! I used to grow in self-built speaker cabinets. I had a thread on a 3 level, speaker cabinet that included a 250W HPS flowering area, an 80W MH mother/vegging chamber, and a small area with a bubble cloner. Still have the cabinet(s). Still some repercussions where I live. It’s great to be back, Overgrow!! You sketched some of us out years back…

8 Likes

Welcome back to Overgrow, @Gr0waway_Acc0unt! Speaker cabinet - a true microgrow :slight_smile: I hope you can post some photos…

And also big welcome to @JonBlaise, @webeblzr and @Budluver!

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe I started out with one speaker cabinet, and ended up with 3 different ones over the years. For me, it’s been the best stealth method! Thanks for the warm welcome!

5 Likes

I remember Overgrow very well. It was the place to be for sure. I was still a noob - dabbling with window sills, guerilla and CFL while dreaming of bigger things. Alas OG shut down before I managed to get an HPS and a real grow room but I still remember BOGs hairy legs and huge bubble gums:)

Edit - My phone had apparently changed Overgrow to Overgrown :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Hi to all,

It is good to see the old OG back online. I had no idea it was back and assumed it was gone forever. Back in the day I was spending my time on OG proving that you could grow using CFs if you do it right. By the time I moved to larger setups OG was gone. Was such a sad day. I am glad to see everyone back together again.

7 Likes