Any original OG members back?

When I was but a youngin I did what most kids did to rebel, I started smoking the weeds. It didn’t take long until I was overwhelmed by the hobby. I started taking to the internet, back when you had to dial up and hope your Mom wasn’t talking on the line.

I found OG.com, and was instantly fascinated. I spent hours, days, weeks on the website. Gathered all the knowledge I could and started my own grow! Ah Smuckers, how I miss you. That’s what we ended up calling it as that’s what it tasted like after it was dried, Smuckers Jelly hah. I may not have posted but a few times back then and mostly lurked I read more on this website than I ever did in school!

Figured this may be a great place to ask, has anyone seen ‘him’? You know who I’m talking about, has he found the site? I must have read every one of his posts and threads at least 100+ times. Had them bookmarked and would reference them daily. BushyOlderGrower, are you here?! I recently found an account on IG using a VERY similar name and the nostalgia came flooding back! To the internet I went, and glad I did as what did I stumble across? OG yo!

Anyway, not sure if it’s too late to post here about this badge and it’s not a big deal if so but I’m glad it’s back! I’ve since moved from Horticulture to Mycology, though it’s all the same really.

5 Likes

Yeah @BogSeeds is his handle here. Similar on IG I believe. :+1::seedling: Welcome back, @Misohi start a thread and share some pics and/or stories with us.

3 Likes

@Misohi, I struggle to remember the user names of the people that were on OG back then, so many of them are on the tip of my tongue but you just blew my mind. I sure do remember BushyOlderGrower. He posted a lot of stuff back then and it was all great. Welcome back, even though I only just got back myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Im such an old member i dont even remember how to post. I still cant c what im typing si im not going to type any more till i figure it out. Ok well i can c that last sentence so ok. This site was AWESOME back in the day. And i met some of the best people right here on this site. Not to mention the knowledge and help i aquired. I used to trade beans back in the day under the same username. I had to quit growing and lost touch with the site. I never knew OG was taken down until now. Im just glad its back and well im back too and ready to help overgrow the world!!!

7 Likes

i was riverlady on the old og and still am …had a thread about growing in green houses :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome back @riverlady maybe this thread will interest you.

This is 99's Green House

5 Likes

Omg was trying 2 remember old peeps on this site, and this is a name i recognize! Good 2 know BOG is still around! I learned alot from the many topics and posts made back in the day by Bushy.

4 Likes

Just wanted to tell you im glad you cant remember your old OG name, because i lol when i saw your handle. Its better and more creative than the old one could have ever been! Thanx 4 tha smile

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LICENSE TO GROW!!! Im not yelling at you, im yelling for u! That is awesome! I wish you well on your noble endeavor. Thanx for your part in helping to overgrow the world from Uruguay. :grin:

2 Likes

I wonder if Lucas (ask Lucas) or Krusty (Krusty buckets) are still kicking

4 Likes

Neither have popped up here yet… yet…

2 Likes

When OG shut down years ago me and several others “OG Orphins” ended up at IC Magazine forum. I was digging through the archive folder and found where I had backed up my grow thread in case IC Mag went down too.

Here’s a few screen shots with OG references I felt like sharing here. Remember any of these names?

5 Likes

Did I really see @ncga and @muir around here. It’s been more than a minute boys…

Sinc.
Sb

5 Likes

dayum. SB resurfaces. There’s a FB page called Overgrow Reunion where quite a few of the77 and the original OG and CW are. PM to find it if youre on FB. Id love to catch up with ya.

4 Likes

Are “noobs” locked out of PM usage? Hit me with the link if you dont mind old man :wink:
I notice @pi and @t2 or is that @Toker2 cheers y’all

2 Likes

Nvr mind. Fumbled through the PM thing

2 Likes

Yup I’m so glad to see this back up and running. Thank and much love to you brother. I learned almost everything I know from my friends here. There are a lot of successful businesses that started on here back in the day. Old username was Ag8lkr.

5 Likes

Hi All,

I have just spent 30 minutes looking through a couple of email accounts to see if there is any info from when I was on the original OG and then the upgraded site before it got the federal squelch.

Like many of you this somewhat dates all of us. But that’s also wonderful. We were all able to experience a site that was at least a decade ahead of it’s time…

I didn’t contribute a lot of media back then, but I loved the photo gallery. Some people back then and still now could make amazing hash extracts.

Super happy this place is here.
Cheers!

8 Likes

Hello there , old OG member checking in again , any of the old og’ers around?

8 Likes

Damn I must be a noob I thought this reply was in another thread LOL ah well

must be this sour diesel :smiley:

8 Likes