Any original OG members back?

I’m so glad to see this site back up. We’ve come a long way forward! I used to grow in self-built speaker cabinets. I had a thread on a 3 level, speaker cabinet that included a 250W HPS flowering area, an 80W MH mother/vegging chamber, and a small area with a bubble cloner. Still have the cabinet(s). Still some repercussions where I live. It’s great to be back, Overgrow!! You sketched some of us out years back…

8 Likes

Welcome back to Overgrow, @Gr0waway_Acc0unt! Speaker cabinet - a true microgrow :slight_smile: I hope you can post some photos…

And also big welcome to @JonBlaise, @webeblzr and @Budluver!

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe I started out with one speaker cabinet, and ended up with 3 different ones over the years. For me, it’s been the best stealth method! Thanks for the warm welcome!

5 Likes

I remember Overgrow very well. It was the place to be for sure. I was still a noob - dabbling with window sills, guerilla and CFL while dreaming of bigger things. Alas OG shut down before I managed to get an HPS and a real grow room but I still remember BOGs hairy legs and huge bubble gums:)

Edit - My phone had apparently changed Overgrow to Overgrown :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Hi to all,

It is good to see the old OG back online. I had no idea it was back and assumed it was gone forever. Back in the day I was spending my time on OG proving that you could grow using CFs if you do it right. By the time I moved to larger setups OG was gone. Was such a sad day. I am glad to see everyone back together again.

7 Likes

Hello @BudSy! Welcome back to OG. We have spent plenty of hours on original OG! CFs are history now :wink:

Welcome @blackone!

3 Likes

Yep, mother plants only :wink:

4 Likes

Hola @BudSy

A Great Welcome

Enjoy the place and

Stay medicated

Bare

3 Likes

Hello @Gr0waway_Acc0unt, @blackone and @BudSy

Great to see you guys here!

So blackone, how’s the BG seeds coming along and did you get your room cleaned up :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Palindrome!
They’re doing pretty well, but no I still have to fight my way through the room every time I want to check on my plants. Also got tons of 4-5 year old trim and popcorn I really should just throw away but I can’t get myself to do it. Can’t wait to smoke some fresh bud… Just smoked some 10 year old Strawberry Diesel bud I found in a jar:)

2 Likes

You should get it cleaned up, rathern then smoking 10 year old buds :wink:

2 Likes

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the broom… but then I got high
My room is still messed up and I know why (Why man?)
Yea heyy
Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

4 Likes

When I was but a youngin I did what most kids did to rebel, I started smoking the weeds. It didn’t take long until I was overwhelmed by the hobby. I started taking to the internet, back when you had to dial up and hope your Mom wasn’t talking on the line.

I found OG.com, and was instantly fascinated. I spent hours, days, weeks on the website. Gathered all the knowledge I could and started my own grow! Ah Smuckers, how I miss you. That’s what we ended up calling it as that’s what it tasted like after it was dried, Smuckers Jelly hah. I may not have posted but a few times back then and mostly lurked I read more on this website than I ever did in school!

Figured this may be a great place to ask, has anyone seen ‘him’? You know who I’m talking about, has he found the site? I must have read every one of his posts and threads at least 100+ times. Had them bookmarked and would reference them daily. BushyOlderGrower, are you here?! I recently found an account on IG using a VERY similar name and the nostalgia came flooding back! To the internet I went, and glad I did as what did I stumble across? OG yo!

Anyway, not sure if it’s too late to post here about this badge and it’s not a big deal if so but I’m glad it’s back! I’ve since moved from Horticulture to Mycology, though it’s all the same really.

5 Likes

Yeah @BogSeeds is his handle here. Similar on IG I believe. :+1::seedling: Welcome back, @Misohi start a thread and share some pics and/or stories with us.

3 Likes

@Misohi, I struggle to remember the user names of the people that were on OG back then, so many of them are on the tip of my tongue but you just blew my mind. I sure do remember BushyOlderGrower. He posted a lot of stuff back then and it was all great. Welcome back, even though I only just got back myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Im such an old member i dont even remember how to post. I still cant c what im typing si im not going to type any more till i figure it out. Ok well i can c that last sentence so ok. This site was AWESOME back in the day. And i met some of the best people right here on this site. Not to mention the knowledge and help i aquired. I used to trade beans back in the day under the same username. I had to quit growing and lost touch with the site. I never knew OG was taken down until now. Im just glad its back and well im back too and ready to help overgrow the world!!!

7 Likes

i was riverlady on the old og and still am …had a thread about growing in green houses :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome back @riverlady maybe this thread will interest you.

This is 99's Green House

5 Likes

Omg was trying 2 remember old peeps on this site, and this is a name i recognize! Good 2 know BOG is still around! I learned alot from the many topics and posts made back in the day by Bushy.

4 Likes

Just wanted to tell you im glad you cant remember your old OG name, because i lol when i saw your handle. Its better and more creative than the old one could have ever been! Thanx 4 tha smile

3 Likes