Any original OG members back?

Hello, OG, my old friend…

When I was new to growing and needed to learn everything from selecting strains, to building a grow room, to growing and harvesting world-class weed, overgrow.com was my single source solution. I dived in head-first to learn, then tried paying it forward by posting my trials, errors and successes. In 2003, I was honored to be voted as the winner of Overgrow.com’s “Best New Grower” category, even getting a beautiful stash box from Gypsy Nirvana. But like many “old school” members, as things started getting weird in 2005/2006 - I stopped visiting and contributing.

So much has changed regarding marijuana laws and public perceptions since Overgrow went away - mostly for the better. Although I never thought I’d see Overgrow come back to life, I’m glad you’re back. Sorry I’m late to the party, but better late than never, no? Anyway…I hope to see some of my old friends and meet some new ones.

19 Likes

Welcome home @Purple-N-Hairy, OG2.0 is better :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks, @HappyHemper! 2.0 looks slick, that’s for sure.

9 Likes

:wave: Howdy old hairy purp. :purple_heart: :older_man:

Did you rub the box & release a Djinni? :crystal_ball:

:evergreen_tree: probably smelled like Gypsy’s roaches :gift: :coffin: :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey there, @cannabissequoia!

Unfortunately, the box didn’t contain any Gypsy presence (or presents!). I was actually a little bummed about that, because the ‘Best New Grower’ award was also supposed to contain a few packs of desirable breeder seeds. Of course I never complained though, I was honored and thrilled with just winning. It was surreal…or maybe it was just a constant dose of my Serious AK at that time!:alien:

7 Likes

Im from the old days of overgrow. Lots of good memories.

11 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ducks foot or wally duck

When I punched in overgrown.com I thought I jumped into the way back machine. I’m so happy I could just hit the rest of this 9lb hammer and go to bed. I be exploring the site tomorrow, till then… this is Atmos, seeyah when I seeyah.

8 Likes

katsu_bluebird is in the house

10 Likes

Hi… @katsu …I hope all is well…

5 Likes

What’s up @katsu welcome home!

3 Likes

welcome back @katsu !
there are some of your 2002/3 pics still online at CW. :slight_smile:
DS

7 Likes

That’s so cool - I thought those pics were gone for good!

7 Likes

I was a fairly active member on the original OG until the end as well as Reeferman’s old forum (which didn’t last much longer) with the same username.

7 Likes

Wow, I do a random (not done in years) overgrow search and see it’s up again. Now I see Katsu is here too? I don’t think I knew you back in the day but I have heard a lot about your legendary cut since then. I recently scored a set of Chocolate Diesel F2’s I plan on popping in a couple weeks. Welcome back

8 Likes

Good to see you again BOG. Still love your gear as much as I did back in the day.

7 Likes

Man it’s been a long time…I joined in the early 2000s. I remember how disappointed I was when it was shut down. I learned so much from other members posts and even tried contributing some observations of my own from time to time if I thought it was helpful, being a newbie grower and all… I wish I could remember my user name from before, it may have been Natis or nattnatt, something along the lines of that as it referred to my dogs name, but age and too many joints have blurred my memory on that.As others have done, I would occasionally google “overgrow” and voila, it’s baaaaack… love it and Karma all around for reviving a useful and educational source for Cannabis…

10 Likes

Hey, I’m here from the 2001ish era, never seen a legal state in my life, like the cubs, maybe next year

7 Likes

Bog!###!!
Always wanted to get some lowryder from you but never got the opportunity, glad to see you’re back!

6 Likes

Hi all! original-mostly-lurker from florida, new name. this is a surprise. great to see some familiar faces. i was just talking with my brother last week, reminiscing…had found some seeds of questionable origin in some old boxes and we laughed about all the “duds” I had ordered and unknowingly threw away because they were too well hidden inside the packing material…took me a few tries to figure that one out. maybe now i’ll remember where those came from! and yes, i’m going to give them a shot.

10 Likes