Any original OG members back?

You can try PM him @BogSeeds, email him: bogland72@gmail.com Or check his IG: https://www.instagram.com/bogseeds/

5 Likes

I would pm him directly or email - he has graciously offered OG members a good discount on seeds!

4 Likes

Nice to see the page up again. I was a member back around early 2000. I think I originally joined before Mota20 died & BOG (BushyOlderGrower) was creating strains (BoggleGum).
When I 1st joined, I went under the name “BuddhaBudz” but shorty afterwards I changed my nic to “GanjaNazi”

Anyways, nice to be back. I wonder if ZOG is still around?..

9 Likes

Welcome back, @Ganja_Nazi!

Seems like Bushy is the most remembered member :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Back in those days I was SonOfPierrot, known for my bad attitude, trolling, and closet CFL grows XD

4 Likes

By most for sure… I do remember quite a few others, but the reasons I remember them are mostly drama and trolling.
After a few months here, i truly like this incarnation better. No karma wars, no whining, no bullshit. Super helpful community, truly dedicated to the cause. Smoker’s lounge is actually less active than Indoor Growing, as it should be on a growing forum, right? Every time i have to read a seemingly innocent thread on another forum I am reminded why i never joined any of them. Thanks for the good work admins/mods

8 Likes

Sooooooo happy to see overgrow attempt #2!!:smile: Altho it will never be the same it was. My name back then was Monad, I ran 600w ceramic halide grow room in organic soil, and was breeding a peak-19 strain mix. :grin: glad to be back as SinkR :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Well to be honest the attitude of a lot of members on old Overgrow days to fluoro grows was also close to trolling, until some good results appeared (I had a journal of a grow using tubular fluoros, imagine the number of negative messages that I got at the time).

In the end I got good results, with CFL too, but some still keept saying that “anyway it will not be potent”.

In the end I started to use HPS (just to go back to CFL on the next grow due to heat problems (40c+ summers)).

Hehehe good days, but some arrogant people with a lot of “this is the only way to do it” attitude too.

Wecime back :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, it’s been so long! I was just talking to a friend about OG and how it helped me with my first grows! I decided to check and he you are!

The one thing I have missed the most was all the mistakes that turned into new techniques. I loved reading about all the growers with experience and the first timers. Thanks for bringing it back!

11 Likes

I started learning how to grow from the original OG like 15 years ago. It was such a fun site and I even got some really great genetics from some members. Anyone remember the Romeo and Juliet cross?

Loving the new site so far, glad to see it’s back!

9 Likes

OMG, can’t believe this site is back! Brings back a lot of memories! I spent countless hours reading posts and articles on this website back in 2001. My favorite was the Monolith grow cabinet! Too bad it wasn’t archived. I really hope we could bring it back. Tons of great information there! Great job to the team that brought this site back! Kudos team!

13 Likes

Omg the monolith build was amazing. Some nice stealth ones too. Tanks for bringing that back !
Now we have the Tardis that is amazing too :star_struck:

https://overgrow.com/t/the-tardis-jacks-rainbow/

8 Likes

:balloon: :tada: :champagne: :beers:

Welcome to all the oldschool refugees who’ve recently come home! :hugging: :house_with_garden:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Hello, OG, my old friend…

When I was new to growing and needed to learn everything from selecting strains, to building a grow room, to growing and harvesting world-class weed, overgrow.com was my single source solution. I dived in head-first to learn, then tried paying it forward by posting my trials, errors and successes. In 2003, I was honored to be voted as the winner of Overgrow.com’s “Best New Grower” category, even getting a beautiful stash box from Gypsy Nirvana. But like many “old school” members, as things started getting weird in 2005/2006 - I stopped visiting and contributing.

So much has changed regarding marijuana laws and public perceptions since Overgrow went away - mostly for the better. Although I never thought I’d see Overgrow come back to life, I’m glad you’re back. Sorry I’m late to the party, but better late than never, no? Anyway…I hope to see some of my old friends and meet some new ones.

19 Likes

Welcome home @Purple-N-Hairy, OG2.0 is better :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks, @HappyHemper! 2.0 looks slick, that’s for sure.

9 Likes

:wave: Howdy old hairy purp. :purple_heart: :older_man:

Did you rub the box & release a Djinni? :crystal_ball:

:evergreen_tree: probably smelled like Gypsy’s roaches :gift: :coffin: :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey there, @cannabissequoia!

Unfortunately, the box didn’t contain any Gypsy presence (or presents!). I was actually a little bummed about that, because the ‘Best New Grower’ award was also supposed to contain a few packs of desirable breeder seeds. Of course I never complained though, I was honored and thrilled with just winning. It was surreal…or maybe it was just a constant dose of my Serious AK at that time!:alien:

7 Likes

Im from the old days of overgrow. Lots of good memories.

11 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ducks foot or wally duck