Any original OG members back?

14 Likes

It has been awhile. I remember the old site and the cast of characters: Subcool (sadly, RIP), the Bushy Old Grower (BOG), Fatty, Breeder Steve, Shanti (Scott). Many, many more. It was a movement.

8 Likes

Hello, jmon, welcome to the new OG!

So perhaps you haven’t heard, but we lost BOG this month, too. :cry: Losing him hit a lot of us pretty hard, and I still find it hard to accept. But we grow on because that’s what we do…

Again, welcome to OG 2.0. If you look around, you might find a number of familiar “faces” that you may have known from the original OG!

6 Likes

PNH. So sorry to hear about BOG. Very sad. I always wanted to meet up with all my OG-Homies. Guess it will have to wait. Thanks for the word.

6 Likes

Welcome back @jmon!!

4 Likes

Many thanks, Sasquatch. Been a bit lonely for many folks since the original OG went down. You could say many of us have been laying low.

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome Overgrow…does anyone here have that 1 picture that used to be on the old Overgrow? It was a picture of 1 plant in a soil pot in the corner of a room that was flowering and it only had 1 2 tube fluorescent shop light for lighting…Do any of the old OG’s remember/know what I’m talking about?

3 Likes

oh wow the old newsgroups heh

2 Likes

Hi all Old OG and CW member nice to see OG up again how things have changed in the world of cannabis in the last 20 years some good some far from good.

14 Likes

Hey there hempy-

Glad to see you made it back…

3 Likes

Back in the day (about 2004) there was a guy with a picture of a plant or branch being held up against his leg - it was wider than his leg. I was mesmerized and I saved the pic as my wallpaper. Several years later I grew many plants that size, haha

9 Likes

Hola @zoed

Was it meduser with some UBC Chemo

in the living room ?

Bare

3 Likes

I know exactly the photo you are talking about. Super nostalgia flash back. Was an inspiration to grow for many of us. I don’t have it, but I would love to see it again. Thanks for the flashback.

6 Likes

SoQuick. Another inspiration to many of us.image

13 Likes

I wish/hope some old OG’ers have it and post it…

3 Likes

I was stoked to see this site back up! I loved the community before, and this is just the same. So many ready to help with any large or small questions. I’m pretty sure I started using OG in 99, or so, few years after I first attempted growing.

I just told my buddy whom frequented the OG OG, and I’m sure he’ll be on here soon, if not already.

Much love!

5 Likes

@Rhino_buddy welcome home joined back 2001 was so lost after the fall :frowning:

starting to be like OG 1 here

all the best and welcome

Dequilo

7 Likes

Back as of today same handle as I was then. But now living in Maine and what I do is legit. Good times in 2021!!! I found an old strain review I did. https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showstrain&id=527

6 Likes

Gasp!!! Holy shit! Anyone have any info on that strain and method of growing (indoor, outdoor, 1000w hps, 30gal pot, etc.)?

4 Likes

I have a pack that I have not started yet from Serious Seeds. It was my favorite back in the day I kept that mother for 3 years. Squat and indica in structure.

3 Likes