Anybody else like to fish?

We use eels as well

16 Likes

@Hashpants man your obviously one hell of a fisherman and a pretty bad ass grower.You got me fired up for this years fishing season. I don t know if you like lures but on ebay there some insane swimbaits that are pretty cheap and they work well. I can send u the link if ur interested. I use the baby striper swimbait and they go crazy for it …

5 Likes

8 Likes

She’s ALOT like a fish :open_mouth:

Very Boney :wink:

6 Likes

Outta likes.

Freshwater. She’s not old enough to be really salty yet. :wink:

6 Likes

I’d go Saltwater…I don’t know why…but I’m missing the thrill if I’m not on the rocks and the waves crashing into them left,right and center :joy:

5 Likes

These two Bald Eagles are some of the best anglers I know.
They visit our pond regularly in Spring when the ice goes on
our pond. Usually one or the other. Here is a rare pic of both
of them.

They have a nest almost a mile away. Hybrid Bluegills, Perch, or
Largemouth Bass are all on the menu.

Stalking the shoreline

He sees a Hybrid Bluegill

He’s close

Timing and stealth is everything

Success

Two lb test leaders surf fishing Lake Michigan.
Two man limit. Large one at the top was over 17 lbs.
Older Pic

Catch and Release. The smaller walleyes taste better.
We release the big ones.

Bluegills and Crappie - Very nice sized average. 8 to 10 inch Bluegills

16" Crappie

If you really want to drive another angler fishing with you crazy ,
put a dab of this anise oil on your jig or hook before baiting up
with the usual minnows or grubs. It will easily quadruple your catch

15 Likes

Two walls in my uncles garage, papered with trophy citations. He had 40+ smallmouth and the master ones (2) which are 10 different species,trophy size.

13 Likes

He also collected lures.

20 Likes

I’m a big fan of Anus oil too🤣

4 Likes

It’s what’s in Bang, been around for decades

7 Likes

Your uncle’s lure collection is awesome. If he was an Overgrow member his seed collection would be top notch for sure! It’s beautiful to see others embracing and enjoying their passions in life like this. Many blessings and much love

8 Likes

Thanks for that, I miss him often. I did get to camp in his yard and fish with him every year for 15 years. Those memories are worth more than any gold.

8 Likes

We would go exited to fish, but everyone was ready to quit and he was still fishing late into evening.

16 Likes

He continues to live in your heart and mind. With stories and such just like this. Awesomeness is eternal! I truly believe that. It echoes across the eons of time. I’m sure part of who you are comes from those experiences with him. Now your impact touching others similarly until the end of time. Eternal awesomeness. It’s a refreshing reminder too, I’m grateful for y’all. Many blessings and much love

8 Likes

IMG_20240122_213535

We were able to get out on the lake a few times this winter.

11 Likes

Speaking of huge pike…I’ve never caught any :rofl:

Jumping Jack!

I used to pick up the odd Jack pike fishing for rainbow trout.

Very nice @Hashpants they’re cracking pike/musky you’ve caught, they’re the sort of pike I’m after.

11 Likes

Hey guys, I make reference to fishing the burn, I’m guessing burn or burns aren’t a universal term?

I was walk over the burn today this it.

There’s a couple of similar size locally which flow into a main system, the fish aren’t big in them but it great sport none the less, its flowing high atm, its usually gin clear or occasionally peat stained.

This is a good sized fish for a burn.

21 Likes

So a creek? Nice brown.

6 Likes

That’s cool , we don’t use the term . I also got a dozen fish today before they completely stopped.

14 Likes