Anybody else like to fish?

Are you sure you want everyone to know that? :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the universal meaning for the term ‘burn’ is when your plant is on fire. :wink:

3 Likes

I like my Scotch with a splash of the burn, but all we have here are cricks, and fish fuck in them :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Signs of Spring. Blossoms and Basses!

14 Likes

north shore lake Erie Rondeau bay people here get excited when the robins come back they did last week for me its the red wing black birds nesting in the reeds all around the bay that trill they do means the crappie are right behind them water to cold to spawn but they are starting to school in the deeper holes

5 Likes

I finally got my bait tank set up, can’t wait to bust the boat out. The ice is a little too sketchy for me right now.

9 Likes

Temps in the 60s today! I cannot wait to get out!

3 Likes

My local opens for salmon on February 1st but only between points x and y, I’ve got a dodgy hip/leg so walking down to that stretch isn’t feasible.

More accurately, it’s not feasible walking down this early in the season, if there was a chance I’d mannage the walk.

I’m looking forward to getting out March 15th but tbh I don’t expect to catch anything.

May/June is when the salmon start running, May 13th is earliest I’ve ever landed a salmon.

It was fresh af so I chapped it for my dad.

15 Likes

Any body on the east coast
Maine rhode island Connecticut Boston ?
Looking to take a trip to the coast for some off shore ocean fishing in June …
Any locations or pointers would be appreciated

6 Likes

Atlantic :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Lot of commercial boats along the coast… get hired, fish for months, get paid… used to work out in da Sea… More Fish in one haul than I’ve seen scrolling this thread…

3 Likes

Sounds like a dream job for the most part !

We are just looking to get a place for the weekend do some off shore fishing catch a variety of fish and bring home some for the freezer !

3 Likes

It really is a young mans game…

I would imagine most any area on a beach would be a great stay for the weekend…

Stay away from the sewer dumps, specially after rain storms, most every community has at one time overflowed in the rivers and the coastal stations run there pipes way out into to the sea… Friend of mine used to take charters out and if they didn’t hook one during the trip, as a last ditch effort to satisfy the customer with a smile, they would troll around those pipes and usually caught in those area’s… fish eats a loto crap…

3 Likes

Im on east coast but at the bottom in florida at the bottom of florida… There’s a ton i could recommend but ur in northeast coast.:joy:.:joy:… Have fun on ur vacation my friend and be careful . have fun. Be safe. Growers​:green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the acknowledgment!
I think it would be fun we have slayed many freshwater fish here …
Deff a whole new world getting into the saltwater fish !
Have a good one brother

2 Likes

Yes bud, it’s a Atlantic :+1:

3 Likes

Deff a nice fresh hen ! April 1st the steelhead turn back to go to the lake and a lot of people start fishing for them !
More then their already is now !

3 Likes

7 Likes

ice fishin derby on saturday on our lake. Fishin was hot the other day but has slowed right off. Got my 5 fish limit one day… the next 2 i got skunked LOL
Weather is wicked cold and enough ice to drive trucks on. Was worried we weren;t going to get good ice this year but looks like we will be fishin the hard water for at least 3 more weeks, perhaps more. Usual ice out is around end of april.

8 Likes

Been a very slow and short ice season, but we both got our first hardwater pikes on the last trip of this ice season

20 Likes