Anybody else like to fish?

Water is up here as well. Windy and overcast today. Fish were biting for a spell, but wind made it tough to position the boat once we found them. I also went too far back in once we found fish. It was one of those early year blunders.

6 Likes

This is all I caught, but what a lovely day.

Going again tomorrow morning and heading home Sunday.

13 Likes

Do you ever use a drogue with you boat?its like a parachute for the water you might know it by another name?

For Loch/lake fishing they’re ideal for slowing down the boat when its windy, I couldn’t be without one.

3 Likes

They work well for open water drifts here for Striper. Unfortunately we were having success in a flooded timber type of area. It was a constant challenge to keep the boat off the broken off trees.

5 Likes

We call them drift socks here in the States. I have two. One for each end of the boat.
Controlling the drift, which when windy can be difficult. They can really make a difference on windy days when drifting.

4 Likes

I found a few fishing related pics, just random stuff.

I don’t know if i caught anything but it was certainly a beautiful day

A favourite stream of mine.

It’s been good to me over the years.

Tbf I wasn’t targeting salmon on this occasion.

I didn’t realise how disorientating fog is with a boat, I missed the pier by about half a mile.

I made a luxury boat seat from two seats, it’s a hybrid :rofl:

12 Likes

Beautiful fish!

1 Like

4 Likes

stock up the freezer

14 Likes

17 Likes

Outta likes.

Yes, it’s toetally fishing! Big toetally fishing at that!! lol (1)

5 Likes

I think I caught venus in the pic?
0bd8c3fa91008042e99ec1218cdfc05a9fcbe218_2_690x381

14 Likes

What a beautiful day on the sandbar. Lots of puffer fish and horseshoe crabs.

12 Likes

17 Likes

Puffer fish, as stinging excruciating pain Puffer fish, have you ever been stung with one?

That place in the pic looks like somewhere I’d seek to go on holiday minus the puffer fish of coarse :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

These don’t hurt you at all. I’ve had them purposely run into my foot/leg trying to chase us away. It’s freaky but doesn’t hurt at all. I’ve never been able to get one to puff up even. Those horseshoe crabs though, you step on their tail and it’s like a spear through your foot. They hide under the sand, the Chinese kill them for their blood i have read.

3 Likes

Yes, the Twilight planet.

1 Like

14 Likes

@mota

i think the tree is just the joint running from you. “Help me, this bastard is trying to set me on fire.”

2 Likes

Looks like it’s sneaking away ,lol

3 Likes