Anybody else like to fish?

I have Penn and Shimano for saltwater fishing; Tiny Reels on ultralight rods for freshwater.

5 Likes

Just dying for some Ice here ffs.
Im sure we will get 2 wks of sketchy ice in Feb but fml.

4 Likes

Hopefully the lake will freeze this year but as of now, idk if that’ll happen.

Without giving away my location, I’ll just say I’m in a famous area for steelhead off of lake Erie. I haven’t gotten out much the last few years but this was the first and last catch of 2019.

12 Likes

Beauty Steelie!! Unfortunately this was the first yr in a few in whichI didnt catch a steelhead. :disappointed:

You on the US side of Erie?

We are hoping to hit Erie for our yearly ice trip but lookin like we will have to head north again.

4 Likes

Sadly I am on the US side. lol and I’m not only talking about the higher temps. Lol

Usually by this time of year there’s at least 30 shacks on the bay. We haven’t even came close to a freeze.

3 Likes

Ice fishing pretty much non-existent in MN.
Get up north of here like Walker and red lake, you should be good to go.

We got early ice, then it warmed up.
On top of the black ice we got another storm which rained then snowed.
There’s 10" of slush on top of the ice, you pop a hole and a geyser comes out from the weight on the ice

4 Likes

I’ve been in similar conditions late season years ago. Kinda feels like you’re gonna die at some point but i recall going home with a lot of Perch.

I don’t drive anymore, seizures and what not. So I doubt I’ll be getting up that way anytime soon. Don’t even know those spots actually. Lol

1 Like

Haha lucky guy. Minus 34 on the way to work this morning

3 Likes

Heh, I have all of the same stuff. I have an Orvis fly reel, too. I inherited my old man’s two trolling rods and Penn reels. The originals were stolen and we bought these a couple of years before he passed.

My first fly rod was a Fenwick rod and Pflueger reel. I bought it in Livingston, Montana in 1978 or 79.

2 Likes

I like to catfish but I normally only catch a buzz

5 Likes

Ever wonder??

6 Likes

I’ll be going lake winnipeg soon heard the ice was iffy in spots until recently.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I absolutely love catfishing on the river. Pulling those big flathead out is one of my favorite things. Roll up a big fatty with best friends, kick back, shoot the sh*t and wait for a bell to ring.

8 Likes

8 Likes

LMAO! That’s a good one!

3 Likes

Awesome man, i used to love hitting up erie for the steelhead run :+1:

1 Like

Been itching to do some ice fishing but its been in the 40s sround here, so went and foumd a couple lakers.

7 Likes

That’s a keeper! Give you a fight?

2 Likes

Looks like its finally gonna be cold consistently here in Southern Ontario now.
Planning a 3 day trip to Long Point to ice fosh Feb 21-23. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes