Anybody else like to fish?

Yeah man, he fought good and the day was beautiful :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good luck to ya. Its supposed to get cold here sometime too, im a little south of you but not too far…

2 Likes

Maybe I can get out and join ya. That’s only 45min from me :v:

2 Likes

Love fishing and have some excellent grounds offshore here in Australia where i live.

13 Likes

Thats a damn floormat po-boy!

Misadventures of me while fishing. 8’ blacktip shark spit the hook while i was trying to reel him under tension in towards someone else so they could wrangle him up. Happened fast as lightning. Felt nothing except for the weight of the lure on my hand. Had to cut the hook out of finger closest to nail via a scalpel (no narcotics) and the one closest to hand had the barb cut off with a hacksaw. I spun the hook out like a piercing. Bled minimally and was high on adrenaline.

That curtailed the fishing at work for the day.

8 Likes

Brutal! I pulled a barbed fly into my finger when I was like 12 trying to tighten a knot (shoulda used plyers)… stumbled around the riverbank high on adrenaline until I got the courage to grab my hunting knife and cut my finger open to get it lol

6 Likes

Did you say mummy had that happen to myself as well

2 Likes

Nope. No mummy. It was how the fuck am i getting these hooks out my finger without my bosses seeing my finger bleeding. papert towels and black electrical tape.

2 Likes

Done a bit of fishing at work 10 o hook 2000 lb lashing wire and a chunk of corned meat on a scaffold under a wharf in the NT funny as

1 Like

Electical tape rocks

1 Like

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

2 Likes

Damn treble hooks. I’ve had to cut a few out of me. I try and keep wire cutters around when I’m in the boat. I’m always alone and hate to leave to just take a hook out. I dug a few into my body flyfishing as well. heh…not uncommon. lol

3 Likes

Yup been there- full two handed cast w 60lb braid on.

11 Likes

@Reactorpwr @Craigson15 damn boys be carful out there​:joy::joy:! Those are some nasty hook sets

1 Like

love to go fishing …also love to cook and eat them … used to work in AK in the summers on a salmon tender … great place to catch halibut and cod … the lake/river i live on now has cat fish in it and this spring i want to see if i can hook a few of them for smoking…never been fishing in canada …close when i fished in lake superior …you guys have caught some really pretty fish and its making me hungry lookin at all the pics

2 Likes

Damn dude, I’m laughing too hard. Only because it’s a sight I’ve seen and experienced more than a couple of times. Those damn things will hook you in some odd places. Glad I never had one right on the crown of my head though. I’d have a hell of a hard time snipping that one off without an extra person around.

1 Like

ouch … can use live bait … clean a fish…no problem …but that picture made me a little bit sick …if that happened to me i would probably pass out :anguished: …i think your a better man then me :wink:

3 Likes

Lol ya my fairy buddies wouldnt cut it out. In their defense because of the double trebles it was pinned on pretty good, wasnt any play in it.

Luckily it was last cpl casts of the day so we were heading in anyway. Surprisingly it happened so fast it didnt hurt though so that was good hahah

3 Likes

Same. Mine was fast as a bullet. I heard the line go “pow” and next thing i know i have weight on my hand. Not to mention it was a brand new jig and the hooks were super sharp

My best friend turned white and was freaking out. I told him “i am fine, it isn’t in my face, eyes, or neck. Lets pick up the fishing gear and go get this out of my finger before anyone else sees it.” Bolt cutters, lineman dikes, or any other metal cutting pliers did not work to cut the hook. All they wanted to do was twist the hook. Luckily the forward one wasnt deep. Once that was out i was able to support the hook from spinning while cutting the hook off the base via a hacksaw. I took a hand bath in rubbing alcohol just in case the shark had something in his mouth i didnt want. I was also up to date on tetanus shot. The only time you can see the 3 marks now is when i get sun tanned on my hand.

3 Likes