Anybody else like to fish?

Never heard @saxo

I hear you have some awesome Walleye fishing in those parts: We oldtimers call them pickeral in Ontario, would love to fish Minnesota/Ontario borderwaters park one day I’m a Smallmouth type guy, but we love to fish for anything biting. And Ice Fishing here is just a man cave or a fort for big kids to hotbox! lol

2 Likes

@Craigson15 that reel is wicked. Where can I get a spinning reel like that?

1 Like

She preferred trying to catch the bass when we release them, would sit in the water waiting for us to let go an then pounce an come up with a mouthfull of weeds and mud.LOL

7 Likes

Oh so those deck boards are 2x10’s makes the bass almost 40 inches long, must be a Canadian record, also makes my lab 10 feet long…another fish story…but pics! theres proof LOL A really nice bass for up here, there 2x6 deck boards…so 22 inches and probably over 5 lbs easy. She is still swimming, and growing. Want my grandkids to keep having fish like this so catch and release.

3 Likes

Hell yeah! I dug two ponds on my farm in the 90’s . I catch lunker largemouth and bring them home live . That’s how I stocked my pond . I’m in the Ne . I’ve caught an 8lbr in my backyard . I love the small hidden ponds that are seldom fished . I’ve lost bass that wound have been 10 plus . Golf courses , old farm ponds . Love it …

6 Likes

CT, get your hands on some Charlotte’s Web, bred ESPECIALLY for seizures. Best of luck!!!

3 Likes

They don’t grow that big north of Illinois.

My biggest largemouth was 23 1/2" 6 and a half pounds that’s a personal record by any means for Minnesota
To some that was a once in a lifetime.

Wife caught the same size smallie came in at 5 3/4 lbs

3 Likes

If I ever see a pic of you wearing that Habs hat again…well…I’ll just leave it at that…lol.

Pa’s record is 11 lbs for a Largemouth… Lake Nockamixon would be a prime place to break the record . It’s deep and there is ample shad and alewives for forage . They shocked the lake for testing and bass that eclipsed the record came to the surface and were tagged … I think Massachusetts has a record over the ten lb mark too from memory . Actually wasn’t a lake either I think . A slough of some river …

2 Likes

Strike the Mass record info , I had it wrong . It was actually 15 lbs … jeez that’s a hog .

2 Likes

I don’t normally go after bass, I catch them while hunting northerns.

This is my go to lure/spinner

I bought Northland out of their discontinued old spinner line.
Dumb shits let the pros put their 2 cents in, they made the head bigger to stir up more mud.
I used them didn’t catch nearly what I normally did.

I use primarily the black spinners or scum frogs for Gators usually get one use out of the scum frogs.
They’re not cheap but they’re a blast, literally.
1/4 oz and 3/8 oz white, black and yellow they had

3 Likes

Hitting lake winnipeg tomorrow if I get any decent greenbacks I’ll post some pics. Going to drive on at chalet. Either way will be nice to get out and I don’t have to drive so I’m goin deep on the medibles.

4 Likes

Sweet. Gonna be sledding but probably not that area. A little east👍 Good luck and definitely post a pic.

2 Likes

That there is some fancy bass boat ya got there by…a little too big to trailer around Ontario though LOL Thats a pretty tiny Halibut eh? LOL Are they skate or hake??? Just guessing, they look like a bottom fish…Pretty though true enuff.

1 Like

Hell ya! Caught this January 3rd in Illinois. This fish was special because it was the first Muskie my daughter ever saw. I’ll never forget this one!

13 Likes

Nice fish. They are pretty scarce here even though pike are plentiful.

1 Like

I’ve been chasing these fish for 15 or so yesrs now… knowing what bait to use at what time of the year is KEY… also knowing the lake your fishing doesn’t hurt! @MBVapester

3 Likes

Real nice fish!
What kind of tackle did you use?

3 Likes

@MBVapester a hellhound (glide bait).

2 Likes