Anybody else like to fish?

Nice man those look great. Not a bad sized perch really. Keep that one?

2 Likes

… sorry 10 characters

Where’s Waldo?

I actually threw them all back. Next time I will turn on a live well and then once I have a few start filleting but each time I thought I didn’t want to pull out the filleting knife for just one.

1 Like

We spent many days around Pahokee as kids. Have some Beetle spin fun, @Calyxander. Have a catalpa.

4 Likes

Blanked the other day, it’s no where near as good in the day compared to night fishing.

Last night I had 3 plaice each around the 2lb mark , 2 bass 1 0f which was returned and a dog fish.

5 Likes

Dynamite lures there

4 Likes

Okay, so I’m no master wrangler like @Craigson15 or some of our other OG crew…but heres a good’er for ya.

One time my buddies and I were fishing at the mouth of the river.
On the other side of the creek (30 feet away) was an asian dude, fishing off the other bank. Cool. He’s been catching and keeping all day. Before throwing our lines in the water, decided to go see what Mr. Chang was catching. He had a fish on the line, so I went to go make small talk. His family members came over and helped bring in the catch. Banked it and cut its belly open to put in the cooler…out of its belly falls…dun, dunn, dunnnnn a condom , sick fuck took it home and fed his family…hopefully he doesn’t own a restaurant…lol.

3 Likes

Damn, I would seek new fishing grounds. Maybe something with a little more flow…?

2 Likes

good day at rock lake
-11 walleye all kept :raised_hands: 19-21inchers between 4 anglers
-40ish bullheads :ox:
-4 pike🤙
All fish caught on bottom bouncers & homemade crawler haulers great day of fishing

6 Likes

Here’s a shot from the filleting shack will be having a fish fry later this week for sure

14 Likes

Cool! All I need is the address.

4 Likes

:plate_with_cutlery:

4 Likes

2lb 9oz Sea Bass , was very tasty

11 Likes

Does the full moon slow the fishing down in the day? It dropped off like a light switch last week after great fishing. Cold weather and wind since but it should be back to normal this week I hope.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the full moon is the best time to fish. If you look up vector fish and game activity tables, you can find the peak times and the down times according to the tides for each day and, consequently, moon phase involvement. I always try to make it out when it is a full moon. I believe one of the better feeding times is when you can see the full moon straight up during the day as well. I had a friend point that out, and he knew nothing about the table.

Some people say that watching the tides is hogwash for planting or for fishing. Personally I have seen some of the feeding times correlate to how the fish are biting. Remember, other factors can be involved as well such as weather fronts and barometric pressures.

3 Likes

(bench fishing here… :fishing_pole_and_fish: :roll_eyes:)

If you could fish in Mexico, where would it be, for what?

:v:

:evergreen_tree: planning

4 Likes

blue marlin and some of them bronze beauties

2 Likes

Offshore fishing for marlin or sailfish would be super fun. I have always wanted to go tuna fishing as well. Stupid choices!! :joy:

5 Likes

Had some buddy’s go down there every year

1 Like