Anybody else like to fish?

You sure you ain’t a Missouri boy :joy:

Why does the doctor and nurse look like Russians on meth

Sea of Cortez would be the place I’d go fishing. Fly into La Paz and depending on the time of year would determine what you would catch.
Lots of boats and captains to choose from. Here’s one:
Baja Pirates

7 Likes

Daaaamn. :astonished: :slight_smile: :chart:

:smirk: Reminds me of when I found Overgrow… :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Call me when you’re ready, but I prefer Costa Rica.
:wink:

12 Likes

That’s the new spy-fish from China! :laughing: Nice haul there. I’ve been pretty much cut off from fishing since my teens due to California being over-populated/over-regulated. Finding a spot that doesn’t feel like a crowded subway is hard. And being broke as a young man chasing what young men chase(not usually fish but sometimes they smell similar). D’oh! :astonished:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@Craigson15 great thread. Cant believe that double treble to the back of the head… ouch you’re a trooper for that one.

2 Likes

Went out and threw a few top waters on the mossy pond tonight

Not huge but a start to the action to come… Small farm pond, so was tempted to take every small bass I caught to give the others a chance…

That specific one is stocked bass and catfish.
. Only the bass were biting

10 Likes

@toastyjakes really mossy no kidding. Just caught a few sand bass yesterday on Grand

4 Likes

DPP_229 One more week till season opens…

7 Likes

I’m coming for you bass. Only a few days now till Im nailing em out in the canoe. The Regista Fantasista/ Rivo Rocket combo is primed and ready to go!!

6 Likes

I had a great day today in the kayak and got into a walleye honey hole area. I caught around a dozen and lost some really nice feeling ones. I never fished for walleye specifically much before and was surprised I had the right lure, white grub w/twisty tail and chartreuse jig head, and was able to feel that weird ass soft take. It felt like I was going through soft grass. I figured them out early.

I’m going back in the AM I think. The wind drove me out around 2. That was a lot of fun.

6 Likes

I’m re teaching my self to fly fish after about 15 years. Found my old fly tying kit today so I figured I’d give it a try… I’ve got limited material and no idea what I’m doing lol but maybe I’ll catch somthing

12 Likes

Catch a buzz first and the day is made.
If I was a fish I’d eat one of those flies you tied.
:wink:

7 Likes

I think I was born with a rod in my right hand, the spliff in the left one came a few years later!
I have a pair of rods in my suitcase, I bring them with me in most of my travels, unfortunately it is business travels so even if the location is good most of the time it is hard to find opportunities for fishing trips or canna trek as I dream of!
Anyway I feel so good when close to the water I always try, even if not really so successfulnothing get my heart pumping more than topwater:

11 Likes

Nice
Where I am in the east coast iam near lakes rivers and ocean
Love to fish

I really like casting from the beach my new passion lol

But nothing beats walking a river with a fly rod
It rocks🎸

6 Likes

Cpl recent ones

18 Likes

Here in the great lakes a white twister grub w jig head has to be second best bait only to a worm harness for walleye.
Nice job

7 Likes

Congrats on the new little one!!

Nice fish - Crocks and socks man? You cant do that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

That could be half my problem lol… last night I smoked a fatty and all of a sudden forgot how to cast… i sat there trying to cast it like a normal rod. Took a few attempts before i caught on lmao

3 Likes