Anybody else like to fish?

Blues for the crab pots and Spanish for the fish tacos.
Just drop out the inlet and look for baitfish…cast your sting silvers and rip them in…that day we were in the 35’ Viking and just two of us…so one has to run the boat while the other fishes as it only has one helm station on the fly bridge.
When we take my 46’ POST I have an electronic helm station I can control with my cell phone or a small handheld remote.

8 Likes

Almost time for spring salmon, sockeye, and steelhead.

2 Likes

I have only got to fish in Rocky Mountain National Park once. It was amazing, but the water was hot. Fish were few and far between. Then I found literally about a hundred of them piled up under a big rock that was shading a deep area about the size of a bath tub. It was a tiny spring fed creek by the trail, and I realized all the trout were out of the main river, and fighting for their lives to find cold springs to last through the heat of the summer. It was pretty sad. I hope to return on better conditions.

17 Likes

It was so pretty I took a million photos. Forgive me.

18 Likes

Beautiful country. Beautiful pics.

3 Likes

Man that makes me wanna go through some flies!

2 Likes

Thanks, I needed a little salt.
:smiley:

1 Like

Don’t apologize for pictures that gorgeous!

1 Like

My buddy talked to a guide awhile back, and the guy said jump on the boat and watch this.

Apparently he had a camera on the line, and made a cast. He was watching the monitor, and said that ones about 80 lbs, set the hook, now!

Sure enough, my buddy pulled in an 85 lb spoonbill, and made it back to the dock in 20 minutes.

It would feel like cheating to me, but you do get beat up snagging. If you are a wuss you can skip that I suppose. I wear fishing bruises like a badge of honor personally.

2 Likes

Nice rack did you get it out of there or did you have to leave it.
Some parks are finicky like that.

2 Likes

So does my wife when we hunt Northerns.
Butt of the pole is placed just above her navel, normally a huge bruise.

3 Likes

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Fishing-Rod-Waist-Holder-Butt-Cushion-Gimbal-Fishing-Fighting-Nonslip/184610016070?ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=2&pub=5575534968&toolid=10001&campid=5338590836&customid=1f84a810ef8512a0916ac82a829f46d2&lgeo=1&item=184610016070&srcrot=711-53200-19255-0&rvr_id=2828368896918&rvr_ts=e43a5fa91770a77d7a250f1fffc74ad7&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true&pageci=517414d2-8bc8-4608-baa3-5e2ac6b1d774

Works like a charm…wearing a belt sucks…so when pulling on bull reds or reef donkeys, cobia etc…just slip one of these on and you are pretty good.

5 Likes

My wife Thanks you kindly

4 Likes

It still stunk pretty good.

No apology needed, beautiful photos man!

nice little session

16 Likes

Anyone have any mounts? This one is just under 5 pounds. It looked just like the one my dad caught before he passed. He kept it in the freezer planning to mount it but never got to. I was totally obsessed with that fish and would run out to the garage and pull it out of the freezer and hold it. I must have been 9 or 10 years old. One of the happiest times of my life, I grew up with out seeing my pops too much and spent most of the summer at his place that year. Fishing was almost a daily activity for us. Many seasons later I was night fishing on a golf course pond and this pig slammed a black Jitterbug. Pulled it out of the water and those memories came flooding back. Had to mount it. The taxidermist said this one had an unusual amount of white on it and a blue lip. Finally got my dad’s largemouth mounted for him…

9 Likes

Here’s mine. I posted it somewhere in this thread. It was the first Chinook salmon i ever caught so it was a big deal. All that casting finally paid off. I caught a tiny one earlier that day but we went with this one instead. . Looking back it would have been funny (and cheaper) to mount the tiny one. I haven’t gone fishing in ages and i do kind of miss it.

9 Likes

Great post mate, your story got my memories flooding back too. Thank you for posting @JustSumTomatoes , Dad’s proud of ya…

1 Like

Just ordered some braid and fluorocarbon to spool some new reels. Gonna go try and spank some speckled trout and redfish.

4 Likes