Anybody else like to fish?

78 lbs yesterday? Nice! Can we get a peek at her?

4 Likes

Hey @MoBilly, if I remember right, he was catching his below the damn of lake Sakakawea on the Missouri River in North Dakota. I think they have a particular part of the season designated for snag fishing for them. I had never heard of them before that. I grew up in the south.

2 Likes

Didn’t take any. We plan to get out again this week. I’ll get a pic of the catch. I really don’t take a lot of pictures. Maybe I should. I love fishing but it’s mainly putting food on the table to us.
We were fishing the Lake of the Ozarks up by Big Niangua.

2 Likes

Apparently the local black crappie bite is really picking up. Some guy posted on my fishing group of his catch but wouldn’t give the location up. Guy forget to edit out the background and I recognize the exact spot hehe.:grin: Going to hit the water tommorow.

6 Likes

Sneaky you are @JustSumTomatoes
Funny as can be though. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Totally lol

11 Likes

I go for the pike usually. These are my favorite instruments

5 Likes

11 Likes

The stuff you show is all wore out up here

1 Like

Those will work for sure

a red n white Canadian wiggler is almost as good as a red n white spoon.

Also I ve caught many good northerns on homemade crawler haulers when targeting walleye with bottom bouncer :+1:

4 Likes

Most.big pike round here are caught on panfish lures, fishing panfish.
The pan fish shut off you know somethings up.

3 Likes

Cold front rolled in so the fish were pretty tight lipped. Managed to catch a 13 inch slab and a few smaller ones so at least there’s fish for dinner tonight. When loading my rods back into the car with it sideways on an incline and my hands full, the door swung back and snapped two of my rods in half… Well shit.

9 Likes

Ouch! Sorry to hear that you now have a reason to buy two new rods!
:wink:

4 Likes

That’s funny stuff there. :laughing:

I was just talking about bass and crappie yesterday to a new guy from California who works in our grow shop.

I grew up in Alabama and this is prime crappie time. My dad always said when the dogwood trees are flowering it’s time. That’s about right now down there.

I’m in southern Colorado now and our lake is supposed to have crappie but I’ve never seen one. Same with largemouth bass. I tried going out in the kayak yesterday but the wind started early and only picked up as the day went on.

The weather was sure nice other than that. 70’ish and sunny. Getting close.

That’s nice slab you got there. Been a minute since I fished for crappie. Good eating! peace

3 Likes

That’s the only way that I know of or have ever heard of. It’s hard to believe, but 60 lbs is is nice but not that big of a spoonbill. They get over 100.

1 Like

A buddys pike in North idaho

14 Likes

How many pounds? Got be well into the twenties!

4 Likes

Believe it was 27 28 lbs.

5 Likes

That’s a big pike!

5 Likes

My cousin wants me to come up here soon for pike

2 Likes