Anybody else like to fish?

i would do so :wink: …what a nice pike!!

3 Likes

Got a bunch of frozen rainbows for bait.

3 Likes

I recognise those dardevils and KO wobblers from my grandpas old tackle box. He was a big pike fisherman and would always make trips up to Canada.

3 Likes

That’s what she said last night.
:crazy_face:

8 Likes

First fish out the pond this year. They been dragging on getting active last 3 times i went nothing then this one on second cast today

swallowed the hook tore my hands up making sure i didnt kill it so i or someone catch it again n be bigger

15 Likes

I use perch that big for pike fishing. Cut off the dorcil fin and run the hook towards the back and they swim all crazy and the pike love them. Bluegill also work well like that

7 Likes

Well, looks like I’ve found my pike bait!

12 Likes

Slayed some rainbows today.

15 Likes

Ya you did

3 Likes

I wanted to say that it was close to 100, but I wasn’t sure I was remembering it right. It was my first time hearing about them so I was impressed. Such tasty eating!

I was fishing in the boat with my dad down in a lake in the Chattahoochee River chain back when he was still here. He liked trolling for big bass or fishing for Crappie. We went up into a slough and there were tree stumps and I asked my dad to stop and let me try using my fly rod for some Bream.

I caught a couple of tiny ones smaller than that, and he said next time you catch one of those butterbeans (his old country name for small bream), give it to me. I did, and he put it on a crappie pole and pulled in about a 3 lb. bass, lol. We got a kick out of that.

Actually in that same lake and in the river, they have Alligator Gar that remind me somewhat of the No. Pike. I caught one close to that large pike that @Shaggy450r showed.

They get close to 4-5 feet as I’ve seen them in the river below the small dams/diversions through the city of Columbus, GA.

6 Likes

Yes, they are pretty dang good, as long as you know what you are doing when you clean them. Get all the red out. Very large paddle fish are not uncommon.

My buddy had a guide take him 10 minutes from the dock, run a camera down the line, say “that one looks about 85 lbs, set the hook.” It seems illegal at that point to me.:joy:

I still love the fat pig hanging out the bottom…

5 Likes

The snake ones work good also. Great looking fish every one.

I know that town. Kool. Big snakes over by the Base. Big rattle snakes.

1 Like

Nice set up. I could go for one of those. I love fishing. I have fished in a few holes. Looks like the water is cold. @Kin the fishing page

1 Like

Snagging Paddlefish and using perch and bluegill for bait? Wow game laws sure vary from country to country. Wish I could use dynamite for the Crappie someone introduced up at the lake…lol

5 Likes

Spring bass fishing at Clear Lake this thursday-sunday. I can’t wait!

6 Likes

I didn’t read it all. Yes the alligator gar for some reason just very big round there. We always figured it was because of the dams and stuff. I’ve been fishing about two miles south of there almost in Florida. Great bass fishing. Fish frys. I just thought of of that. I have forgotten. So much fun. That is a beautiful river. I’m just talking. Thanks for the story. I grew up on the sea. Several. I have cault some good fish before. I see some big fish. Here. Bass maybe 8 lbs. is the biggest. I have had big ones break my rod before. Saltwater fish. A big grouper once. I have fished is places every time your bait hit the water you got a fish. I caught some big jacks once. Just got to where the last time I was saltwater fishing. I see the sharks. I wasn’t scared. keep pushing out farther and farther. Over my head almost. Fell in a hole. Seen 4 bull sharks right bye me. Like I said they were everywhere. Stopped fishing after that. Scared I guess. Lol. Nothing happened then. As a kid I had a run in with a Tiger shark. There was contact. I wasn’t hurt. I see some bad spelling. Sorry I tried to change it. Phone to small.

1 Like

Wow,it’s so big,good job

1 Like

Time to start slow rolling those big huddleston’s…

1 Like

Wish that was mine. Its a good buddies from north idaho

1 Like