Anybody else like to fish?

Me either cuz it mostly illegal almost everywhere lol

Noodling though… I’d like to try it once but would like to keep ally fingers

You’re talking to a country boy now.
Fried snapping turtle, carp jerky, beaver tail summer sausage.

2 Likes

About a month ago it started it’s late spring rain and I was picking them up left and right lol. A week later he was in my belly lol

Snapping turtle and squirrel are two of my faves… Get some mashed taters, gravy and corn and

5 Likes

Now we’re talking ate my share of tree dogs

3 Likes

That is a big dogfish, I bet that was one helluva of a battle

2 Likes

I love fishing dogfish and alligator gar… Good fights even if you’re gonna let them go lol alligator gar anyway

2 Likes

Those alligator Gar are crazy…they look prehistoric or something. My buddy figured out to put a bunch of wool or something like velcro on his hook to grab their teeth because they’re too bony to hook easily.

Haven’t seen a snakehead yet but a few friends have caught them, gross gnarly things that I’d be happy to kill lol. I wonder if they’re tasty?

1 Like

This needs to be in the “things that make you go hmmm”

1 Like

Guys with the best fishing holes Always have the best genetics :wink::v:

4 Likes

I had Paddlefish in North Dakota. Yummy tasting meat and lots of it. Most people snag them below the dam I believe and it’s legal or was then.

1 Like

I’m going to the coast tomorrow morning to launch at first light. Flounder, trout, and redfish are the targets. I don’t care if we hit any targets because I’m going fishing. There’s something very calming about watching the arc of a lure etch across the early morning sky. A bone colored Spook Jr. is going to start the morning.

Pictures to follow.
:smiley:

1 Like

Last year, my little ladies 1st rainbow hehehehhe

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’d say pound for pound rainbow trout are petty strong fish iv always wanted to flyfish for bone fish those little suckas are like torpedos !

6 Likes

I catch smallmouth bass here in our lake in Trinidad with a fly rod. They fight nice. We have pretty fat rainbow in the lake. Wipers, Walleye, and more… I’ve caught them all on a fly rod. Nice fighters.

2 Likes

Gman you know Professor P by chance he’s on your island

1 Like

I wish I did, but I’m in Trinidad, Colorado. About 11 miles north of the New Mexico border. I love prof P’s work and wish I had more. I have some Blue Magoo f2s and crosses with his stuff, but no regulars. I’m doing a Goji x Blue Magoo now.

4 Likes

Oh sorry thought you meant the island.

2 Likes

Did you grab any of his gear I dropped in here for the server.
I still got a couple things of his banana cream x gas chamber, cookies and cream x gas chamber and forget what the other is.
It’s got a weird name Renonces or something like this.

2 Likes

I fished for bone fish in the Bahamas. They are more
Powerful than a trout. As soon as they hit they almost spool the line. Very fun fishing for them

5 Likes