Anybody else like to fish?

Funny story, related to weed and fishing.

I used to work for the State Park system in state I grew up in. In the hottest days of summer, boss would tell us to ‘go pick up trash in back of the park’, which meant… take a truck, go through the gates to the outer boundary of the park, sit in the shade and don’t be seen until quitting time (usually, we hid out and went swimming at one of the many hidden ponds )

So, one day… three of us did. My two buddies started smoking a joint. I was trying to abstain at that point… ( :face_with_monocle: why!!!) so I wandered away and started looking around. I found a hook and mess of line up in a tree. I pulled it down.

Then I caught a frog by the shore.

I hooked the frog onto the line and threw it to the middle of the pond. It started swimming back in.

About 10 seconds later a giant largemouth bass attacked and I pulled in this giant fish (to this day, probably the biggest largemouth I ever caught) on some scrap line from a tree. My two stoned pals were open-mouthed going “what the fuck?!?!”

10 Likes

Awesome story… @Grease_Monkey has a pretty good one too I hear :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought only dirt farmers drank that skunk piss lol

3 Likes

Keith’s is trash haha
There is a reason we let it out of Nova Scotia but we didn’t let vitamin O out .

3 Likes

Is that the one that tastes like mare piss with the foam farted off?
:wink:

3 Likes

Lol, dont know man stopped drinking beer as a kid, I drink whiskey personally. But if you haven’t spent the night drinking a 24 on his monument in Halifax than you just have not lived.

1 Like

I’ve been fishing lake Erie and Niagara river since the 60’s (blue pike, northerns, smallies), last 2 years I couldn’t, 6 surgeries later and I think I’m good for next season :wink:

4 Likes

Got away for some RnR with my son this past weekend.

Bass opened earlier this year in Ontario FMZ 11 so took advantage of that.

The pike had tight lips but my son was lucky enough to land the only one and his first ever pike.

The smallies were gorging hard and slamming baits. I think theyre still prespawn. So much fun!!

20 Likes

Your son will remember that day forever, nice age for catching a pike.
What an awesome day

4 Likes

Just a few Smallies from the creek.

9 Likes

Was out for a bit this morning, storms coming and rollers on the lake.
Did manage to get 5 keeper bluegills in the live box.
Took some crappie minnows with but no crappies biting.
Caught the gills on a small ice fishing jig and waxies.

5 Likes

Got my order today & Id highly recommend this place called ( Das-a-spinners ) on Facebook…

Awesome sauce :ok_hand:

5 Likes

What region are you in? I noticed the red eye bass. Seems like it was Alabama where I remember them. Those are nice fighters in a creek. peace

1 Like

I’m in the Midwest my friend. They sure put up a good fight for their size.

1 Like

I’m not much of a bass guy. Never really had the chance to learn to fish them. Grew up in the ocean fishing salmon. Yesterday on a small river I was able to catch this nice lil bass!

16 Likes

A beauty Rainbow Trout released and a bunch of fresh Pink Salmon for smoked candy salmon :yum: yummmm

13 Likes

Live in the northwest, always heard it called Indian candy

Same same, just with all the residential school stuff going on I figured I’d be a little more sensitive.
I used to call Brazil Nuts and those little black licorices by a different name too :man_shrugging: times a changin’

3 Likes

Great catch btw, east of wa is hard for me fishing.

2 Likes

Some people don’t even know they have a different name. :wink:

2 Likes