Anybody else like to fish?

FB_IMG_1623034964113

11 Likes

Was a hot one yesterday…so aircon drive to boat launch is nice, Caught a few pike for dinner and released a few Bass,including this baby Was like glass out there and 32 C 90F the water was about 22 or low 70’s. Fish were mostly in shallow, weedy bays with lots of shoreline cover. Great to be out with my son and his wife for a few hours, sun water family fish herb who could ask for any more? Not me.

18 Likes

smoking out of a fish?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHgg0XB9gF/

That looks delicious :yum: what did you do to it?

apparently this is a thing, puts new meaning to a smoked salmon.

Heading out on a week-long Rainbow Trout fly fishing trip!! Pics to follow :grin::grin::grin::grin: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

6 Likes

Smoking through fish :face_vomiting:.
But damn I need to get out! Only fished like twice since ice out mid March.

7 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:i am fairly lucky i go down to my dock and fish about 3 times a week i also grind up fish and feed them to my plants when needed great fertilizer :mage:

6 Likes

Well shit my friends. I had the lucky experience of battling a 6ft sturgeon in the Snake River. Man it was awesome. It snapped my leader as soon as it jumped out of the water. Gonna try again.

8 Likes

Holy hell, just smoke through a freaking beer can. Most hillbilly shit I’ve seen yet, you’ll get worms or something. God knows there’s plenty of cans laying around :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

They already had a bowl!

I had a pretty good evening at the lake with my gal. Caught over a dozen of these all about the same size.

13 Likes

Oh the poor thing. Man it needs help. I hear butter works wonders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your doing it wrong

:rofl:

Naw I know how it is. These were the last fish I caught… it’s been a hot min

Wait no, the very last fish I caught, about a week after those lake trout, last ice trip of the season.

12 Likes

Humungous Crappie…did the Largemouth bass union give them that name? They taste great…is it an insider thing, just like we call walleye, pickeral up here? Y’know, fool the beginners, type shenanigans?

1 Like

I believe it’s named after It’s after the French word for carpet

We don’t have walleyes here, but chain pickerel are everywhere lol. We do have many people fishing and think they caught a trout or salmon, then show pics of Chubs and fallfish. The rubber lipped trout lol

6 Likes

My old man would have called that crappie a “slab”. He loved crappie fishing.

2 Likes

A few from our fly-fishing trip to the interior of BC. Roche Lake.

19 Likes

That’s some beautiful fish man. I love fishing but I live right on the outskirts of a national park.

1 Like

I do most of my fishing on Lake Erie but this was a nice bass I caught at Waterford ponds last year.

14 Likes