Anybody else like to fish?

That’s actually a slick on top of the water from fish having a feeding frenzy which was probably from earlier that morning.

2 Likes

is that a saugeye or sauger in last pic?

OK you OG fishers…gonna get together a little OG fishing picture tournament this winter, with the main goal as motivating our dormant “go outside and do something, it’s safe” wanderlust genes. I love the pics showing up all over OG about members non-weed growing lives and social haunts. I know there are a lot more fisherpeople on here than in this post . 3 years and running, thanks @Craigson15 for starting it. I’ll see what I have around for a prize, and then I’ll get a thread goin after Xmas. Virtual tourney or informal reward for a great pic? What do y’all think? anywhere in NA ice or no. Cheers

8 Likes

Id go for just any fishing pic and have ppl vote maybe?? I donno, just thinking sometimes the biggest fish isnt the best reward. Other pics like a childs first fish or just one of those candid moments that you’ll never forget etc.

Nice idea!! Im curious to see what other ideas folks have

5 Likes

Oh ya it doesn’t even have to be a pic with a fish…I just want them to be from this coming year, if it gets popular, I’ll figure out a poll vote. Fishing the past couple years during this… has been a great focus for our family to spend MORE time together. No better isolation than a toolshed on a frozen lake, eh??? I guess the fishing/outdoor life together has been a silver lining of sorts, and I just want to encourage each other to celebrate what we DO have, available to us all. Get some air be safe and show some scenes, I know faces and such are a bit sketchy for some but we don’t need to see faces to convey the scenes and the feelings we experience. Fish? hell ya, no fish?=fishing picture. I’ve had some great fishing trips without fish…Cheers.

5 Likes

Pic contests are cool, and can be informative :wink:

I try to use all parts of stuff.

Peeled and brined eel skins, to dress plugs or jigs
disclaimer:the American Eel is quickly becoming a threatened species, so I only skin the eels that may be leftover from the season, these are 3 years old.
PC010158

pork rinds, made from skin of pork belly for bacon, droolio
first i drool over the bacon, then the bass drool over the pork rind!
PC010159

deer tail, to dress hooks, jigs, and flies, oh ya, really bouyant stuff compared to that bleached and bagged stuff, alot less brittle too.
PC110161

fishing is almost as much fun as the preparation for the fishing.

keep’em tight

4 Likes

Im from ireland its out of season here at the moment unfortunately but we get runs of salmon and sea trout also the coast here is absolutely brilliant for sea bass im only new to this so not too sure how to upload pics anyone on here like fly fishing?

4 Likes

little steelhead fishing in Erie today. Landed five, all back into the drink.

Fish on
9 Likes

Nice fish, excellent day there!!!

1 Like

Id like to link up with some of yall for some ice fishing this winter. Im from Northeast Ohio but if we dont get good ice down this way im defiantly looking to head north. Ive been soooooo damn addicted to ice fishing the last 3-4 years.

4 Likes

I with ya @douggyfresh420 . I’m very c!ose to you and I also go north. Ill be getting with you as soon as we get some hard water. Those steelies were fresh as you can see by the co!or. Wish I liked the taste.

1 Like

love this idea. im in!!!

2 Likes

received_423489669500023

I love fishing, we go bass, cat, and trout fishing, we also remove these guys from our river.

9 Likes

LIVE 10 FEET off the banks of the Missippippi - Yea - do a bit of fishing (house is 24feet off ground and it floods every year anywere from 1 -4 x’s a year all depends on the amount of snow,rain we get and what the North brings us. (allways have a boat ready - we live there during all the floods – to date - the higest flood was 23feet lasted 3 months - all about boating for survial not pleasure

5 Likes

That sounds like a new element to the game. What kinda fish you catching down there @hawkman ?

2 Likes

Big cat fish (cannnel cat) Bass, “Crappy”, Blue Gill and some Gar =- use ony worms . believe it or not - but out in the river just a bit Wall-ly - the river is so low now you can see the river floor change due to the river level ( this is seen by the river change due to the channe’s) the Mississippr river flows north to south but were I’m at it flows west to east - this is because of a earthquake that haapen many years ago that changes the flow of the Mississippi - it flows like this for some miles and start to flow in teh right direction were the Mississippi river is about 2 miles across were it is corrected (a bit of history)

5 Likes

Merry Christmas, OG fisherpeople. L. Couchiching was frozen over yesterday…just sayin!! Hopefully the cold will stay and build some good early ice and start this hardwater season, eh? Gonna get the little OG virtual winterfish derby together over the holidays, and I’ll post up in the new year, once I figure out a motivational prize pack. Seeds (of course) and maybe some tackle would be cool. Well y’all have a safe, happy, and stoney holidays. Tight Lines and Big Smiles.

6 Likes

@Rabeats2093 My first time salmon fishing my buddy Mike took me to the ladder in Pulaski them we went down the road on a cliff by the treatment plant right on the edge of the Douglason property. It was crazy landing the salmon. My friend would tie his own lures and salt his own salmon eggs for Steelhead bait. He moved out to CA but I’m still here in NY

4 Likes

Things are not looking good for our Ohio ice season. Supposed to be almost back up in the 60’s by next week. I’m sure we’ll have some type of fishable ice by end of January, but I absolutely cannot wait that long. Going to be heading to Cadillac MI around mid jan for a 3 day trip. Looking for a few fellow ice hounds to split costs on an airbnb. If anyone interested feel free to PM me.

1 Like

Hell yeah brother been going up there for ten years now slaying them you sound like your talking about the black hole I fish more up towards wild bills !

3 Likes