Anybody else like to fish?

@Rabeats2093 that’s right Black hole was the name. My favorite was a time he took me to Orwell creek and we were steelhead fishing. Those guys put up a nice fight for their size.

2 Likes

not this year, but a quality topwater late season bass, not weighed, just quickly released, maybe 30 seconds max out of water. maybe 30+lbs too :slight_smile:

Not a soul around for hours, until i landed this thing. then i saw some heads pop up :wink:

a truely beautiful fish. not a mark on it. the killing of these animals must stop. save the bass by not killing them.

8 Likes

My beautiful girl holding some beautiful slabz. Caught these both within a few minutes of each other right before a wicked storm moved through.

10 Likes

Yeah deff a blast up there Orwell is also nice for cohos late season ! I have tons of pictures we always have a good time …never forget the day I hooked 13 coho and landed eight !

8 Likes

@SCJedi from the Orangetown but lived in Ithaca area for over 10 years ( Van Etten, T-burg, and Newfield)

3 Likes

@Upstate, Pickerel fishing is fun. I like throwing a Mepps or panther martin small spinner and they hook right up.

5 Likes

Well the Mississipi river is very low at 8 feet but thechannel is deeper so the barges can navagate up channel. Were I live the river runs east to west – but normally runs south to north - this is becasue many years ago there was a eartquake that changed the flow of the Mississippi Here is the Midwest were are on a “vault” which is even bigger than the one in California Great picrue to all that posted - be nice to seart some fresh fiah - the river isn’t frozen yet , maybe I will throw a line in today.

3 Likes

Hard to beat a number 4 gold panther martin with orange tail. Trout, Bass, Pickerel…
The biggest Pickerel always went for a Daredevil. Great old lure for the lunkers! But panther martins always brought the most action.

7 Likes

Too be jhonest don’t fish like I used to – know a few guys that are out on the Mississippi river christmas Day and they go for walleye - they always get limit, they throw them back now — they found a drop-off by my house and they catch 14" + (no fish story) they used to fish commerically but now just because

3 Likes

6 Likes

Waiting patiently for the lakes to lock up so I can get a line wet this winter. But here’s a few pictures from the previous year

14 Likes

@Ny_pifftrain are the first 2 photos striped bass? I’m up here in central NY so we mainly go for trout bass salmon walleye and an occasional northern pike and musky.

3 Likes

Yes first two are stripers I cought at the Troy dam during the spring migration. I trout and stripe bass fish mostly when the water is open. Lakers perch and pike on the hard water.

2 Likes

Here is one of the biggest bass I caught. Caught on Otisco lake NY (small lake)with an rapala glass shad in 2010.

7 Likes

Nice bass!

1 Like

Can’t believe it took me this long to find this thread, nice to know there are some fellow Stoney anglers in the mix around here

5 Likes

We also have a hunters thread! If you are into that sort of thing :deer: @LegsMahoney

3 Likes

That a nice catfish my friend

1 Like

Redfish in the panhandle of FL

8 Likes

Never hunted before, would definitely like to try though, been meaning to take hunter safety for a couple years now where I live and just haven’t gotten the time together to do it. Pretty much spend every free minute I have in the spring and summer fly fishing for trout and bass though.

2 Likes