Anybody else like to fish?

A couple of bank bass

15 Likes

I’m out of likes but fishing pictures are always a thumbs up from me :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Papalag …indeed a pretty nice catch,but we got even better days by the river…

…here´s an older pic along the River Elbe

15 Likes

Bro is that a Wels catfish? I’ve heard they get big over your way ?
That’s a beast I bet the fight was amazing !!!

I smoke one in your honor

5 Likes

Happy New Year OG…we have some ice forming in Central Ontario. We have been out 4 days in a row, being very cautious, havin a blast getting a headstart on the Season. Still having a heck of a time trying to locate Rainbow and/or Brook Trout in these small lakes. I’m much better in deep water than trying to locate spooky fish in 4 ft of water, while I stumble around smoking joints and get tangled up in shit.

10 Likes

I’m digging the DIY tip up. Does the wind jig that @Cannasaurusrex ? Man I’m drooling and its freaking 50 degrees!!! Eff this I’m going north.

Ja, it´s a Wels or Waller…the biggest we got was ~2m long, but they can grow 2,50m easily…up to2,70m

2 Likes

Iv heard of catfish in the Mississippi getting as big if now bigger iv never had the luck to get a very large fist one day
Peace
My friend
Paps

1 Like

We run the line thru the tip up when I use minnows, the wind gently moves it, but the minnow movement can be watched as the stick moves. You can tell when a fish is near the bait. easy and cheap, good for the second line.

1 Like

We do a little fishing. My brother and I fish around 8-10 bass tournaments a year. Most of the other times I got my boys with me.

17 Likes

Small scool of Tiger Sharks also know as sand shaks…

Scup , they get to 5 pounds make nice small fellets

I just put around and let the fish finder do all the work lol

7 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve been out, we’re locked up with snow here in the northeast but here’s the last rainbow I wrangled waaay too long ago.

11 Likes

Your boys may be the competition in a few years…don’t teach them everything, gotta keep the edge LOL Great pics and those smiles!!!

2 Likes

@VAkish You have some nice lunkers there young man… that is great to see your family together and bringing them up humble with very good ethics with wildlife fishing etc…

I have some nice spinners I woud love to try there lol

3 Likes

Haha! Yes they are starting to getting pretty good. I tell them they are spoiled with big fish. The oldest has caught one a little over 7 pounds and my youngest has one a little over 5 pounds. We are blessed with alot of good places to fish. I have a some good buddies that are MLF/Bassmaster Elite series pros and TV announcers. They get plenty of good coaching and free fishing gear

4 Likes

Thank you! I love having them with me while enjoying the outdoors. You have an open invitation anytime. I live 4 minutes from the James river. Fresh water here and an hour away we can saltwater fish

3 Likes

Its that time again…

10 Likes

friggin hardwater bud

1 Like

8" of black ice under 6" of fresh snow in Haliburton over the last week. Kawartha’s should firm up today, its -17 C this morning.

My daughter’s first Laker this year, we travel around looking for different lakes until we get the hut out on Gull…maybe next weekend for that, as Gull just skinned over 2 days ago woo hoo

10 Likes

beauty little mackinaw there. congrats to her!

2 Likes