Anybody else like to fish?

She thanks you for that, we just love getting out together, but yeah she said we need to concentrate on “better FISHING spots, not just pretty scenery…Dad”. She’s my med partner and the other member of Team Awesome and at 28 loves everything outdoors. Her brother got her a pure carbon rod with a shimano reel on it for Xmas, whipped that little trout outta the hole at light speed LOL. Waiting for my eldest daughter and the grandson to get over the sniffles (co-vid) so they can come out fishing again, maybe this weekend.

7 Likes

Yall are killin me. Are lakes in NE Ohio are just now locking up. If mother nature decides to cooperate, we should be walking on water by next weekend. Hope everyone has a crappie day lol.

6 Likes

I just don’t get tired of that expression LOL. You too!

5 Likes

4 different lakes 4 different days SKUNKED…all we caught was a buzz… I’m getting too old for 4 km walks in 6" of snow, great exercise but I like it when the snow is thin on the ice and the sled glides easy. I drove into the ATV dealer on the way home lol. Sled, ATV or Snodog ? I guess being a better fisherman would be the first step…lol.

5 Likes

That’s why I frown upon ice fishing rather be out on the open water casting lines not dropping them lol …usually a whole lotta work for nothing if you’re going for the big dogs but when you do get one it’s usually a nice one

Jigging panfish is fun though

3 Likes

two fatbikes.

4 Likes

Fan boat for the ice !

2 Likes

I have only fished three times but my best friend is a fish monger and talks about fish and seafood constantly. I learn all the time about Walleye and Wreckfish all these fish out there. She has a book about identifying shark species without their heads. Yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah its more of a getting outdoors adventure when fishing new lakes. Its better to ice fish than not fish. BUT the real LURE of ice fishing (to me) is getting my mobile man cave on the ice and smoking my brains out without nosey cottagers yelling at me to stop partying at the end of their dock. We know where to put the permanent hut so we are on fish all winter. Remember the custom vans from the 70’s? Some of the huts even have satellite tv and internet LOL. More like fishing with a bobber in your living room than run and gun tournament fishing for bass. And if you do have a girlfriend/wife who likes to icefish or camp well, when the fish aren’t biting, you don’t have to boat to some private cove just to see her titties, The majority of Canadian births happen in the fall, incidentally LOL

3 Likes

Was gonna put the hut out today, but my son-in-law smoked a deer last night in his pickup. My daughter told him “you drive a Dodge dummy, you’re supposed to Dodge the deer.” Ruthless is my daughter. She wants the hut out there LOL. Will post up when we get her out there.

2 Likes

20 years before my time brother !
My one buddies family had a Ford econoline best vehicle to go up-to the river and stay the weekend

Can’t beat it really no matter what the trouble I always have found a good walk through the woods eases my mind a bit

I would agree with you on this if it was summer and a rainy day lol .usually just go out and play Elmer fudd

Ain’t no private cove gonna stop the motion of the ocean :sweat_smile:

Good luck with that shanty !!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah after 40 yrs of soft water fishing, and being a boat mechanic, I took up ice fishing a couple years ago. We have a summer water access cottage on a great Bass lake, but also take advantage of winter as much as possible around our home in the Kawartha’s. Its truly a blessing to live here, hundreds of lakes within 30 miles.

2 Likes

today at Casa Cannasaurus on beautiful **** Lake in Haliburton. What a day on the ice, Lakers were hungry after the snowstorm. My daughter and grow partner had her best Laker day yet, landed and released 7 I got 4 and we lost a few, WOW.

17 Likes

finally some lunch

16 Likes

Congratz dude. Glad you could get out finally.

2 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Is that a white bass? Or a “wiper”?

2 Likes

White bass. Pain in the ass. Lol

2 Likes

I have no clue what a White Fish is around my area but they do look and have bucket mouths like small mouth bass…

1 Like