Anybody else like to fish?

Never seen one of those. Sounds slick. Crappie can be really sneaky.

1 Like

fish on

11 Likes

Time to break out the gear for a look see😜

3 Likes

We had a few free hours yesterday afternoon. My son and I hit one of ‘honey holes’ to catch a couple of bass. He caught 4 nice ones and I caught 19. I had 3 over just over 5 pounds. My best 5 went a little over 21 pounds. Already catching some on topwater.

14 Likes

Awesome day, the best times in a boys life…I bet he can beat you at minecraft LOL. Great post.

5 Likes

:joy: You are right about that! I don’t have a chance!

1 Like

Ha! We don’t need no stinkin’ tackle box! That rig looks like it’s already been working a while.

3 Likes

Good lookin toad there! Congrats to your boy

2 Likes

Crappie fished from 7 am to 5:30 pm. I caught a lot…

7 Likes

Are you fishing down south somewhere? I grew up there and this is the month they’re on fire. My dad always said the crappie are biting when the Dogwood trees are blooming. Old country boy lore.

Him, me, and my brother and his son, all went crappie fishing for a week, and rented a cabin. We had a reservation for the next year on March 30, but he lost his battle with lung cancer on Mar 17. RIP pop! We had a lot of crappie fishing days together.

6 Likes

Fishing in Texas…

2 Likes

I like it I like it a lot :crazy_face:

No fishes :unamused:

6 Likes

Took 2 days to chip my ice hut out before the near 60 F day yesterday, lots of water on top of 2’ ice, Not removing hut, just raising it, last 8 days for huts. Saw a couple huts tip over in the 100kmh gusts yesterday, it was warm anyway LOL All freezing up this morning and more snow, good ole March.

3 Likes

I am happy to know you can limp and drive and fish! I fell on the ice 2 years ago and sustained an injury to my cervical neck. Its been a long trip back. I will be in a new boat, the dealer said it will be here in a few weeks, I ordered it last June 21. He said the wait time now is over a year. I do consider myself lucky to only have a couple of spills over a fishing lifetime of many decades, much of it in remote and dangerous places. Now retired, its time for us to spend time in a really cool and comfy boat, It will have a slip at the lake and be full of grandchildren and their friends when I am not fishing.

8 Likes

Crappie fishing and got some hard work in…

20220313_113232

12 Likes

We have to wait until late June until we can fish for bass…NICE one.

Went for a scouting trip yesterday in the L.ontario tribs near whitby…3 weeks till the opener…holy rainbow trout batman… hey any Ontario trout fishers here, gimme a dm if you want to talk opportunity for some unpopulated opening day giants where almost nobody knows of ??? definitely for advanced fishers, not much fighting area…know what I mean??? hit me up, i’ll post a pic or vid here shortly… @estab87 bows?

4 Likes

@Cannasaurusrex you have my ear! I’m usually fishing tight waters, low hanging tree type areas when I’m trout fishing so I’m up for the challenge, and as much as I love browns and brooks, nothing fights like a bow.

2 Likes

i absolutely love to fish… so much so that whenever im traveling and i see a body of water i wonder what fish are in it lol. ive fished in quite a few states. i salt and freshwater fish… i can bait fish… lure fish… and fly fish… i make my own lures at times as well as the fact i can tie flies.and i have alot of lures lol… i rather a bad day fishing than no fishing at all.

5 Likes