Anybody else like to fish?

Gorgeous. Trout are a work of art.

3 Likes

Man, I’d say you guys do have some nice spots in So Ontario. I know you for sure have a honey hole. I don’t know about the jokers who weren’t there. :grin:

5 Likes

LOL I took my youngest daughter yesterday, and my eldest today for a fish before work LOL . Mission accomplished all 3 of my kids got their personal best Rainbow trout, on 3 consecutive days. My son and I lost so many, all shake-offs. We only lost tackle to the odd snag, found a dozen golf balls (hint hint LOL) and had a blast. Hard fighting these powerful fish with so many obstacles, a little bit above our skill level, but our equipment did surprisingly well.

7 Likes

Nice day on the lake with Dad. 20 or so trout in a few hours, a few 3lb-4lb one a monster that spooled me until it spit the hook… allegedly :grin:

9’ 6w fly rods, hand tied flys fished under indicators

17 Likes

Man that looks like so many places I’ve fished. Pain in the ass to get to but well worth it.

7 Likes

Oh hell yea dude, I can’t wait for the runoff to mellow out here so I can get back on the buggy whip

5 Likes

Just caught this hog today!

10 Likes

Sold off my seed collection and bought myself a new Terrova and Livescope.
Only been out once so far and it was 3pm and extremely windy. Jigged for walleye but no luck.
Off the bat though I can tell that Livescope is going to be both fun and very helpful for great lakes smallies. Cant wait to get out w it more and try the different modes.

7 Likes

Took my boys to my buddy’s pond Saturday. Didn’t catch any big ones but they caught a few and had a lot of fun. My brother and I are fishing in a pretty big tournament this weekend on the river. Always fun having a little adult fishing time now days since most of the time I got the boys tagging along.

14 Likes

That’s awesome man!!! Catch some hogs for us!!

This is my favourite thread in the whole wide world…I got up to go fishing this morning and…, my son and best fishing buddy in the world is gone. Please take your kids fishing and teach them to love our earth. Last weekend was his last trip as he said himself “That was TROUTTA THIS WORLD, Dad.” Much LOVE.

11 Likes

My sincerest condolences, Crex.

The big bream and shellcrackers are starting to get their spawn on in a local res. Fantastic fun on UL gear, and super-tasty. I release all females with eggs, and only keep a few big males for tacos.

12 Likes

I hope to post some pictures tomorrow from a fishing trip today.

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

5 Likes

We had a good day. We caught 8 keepers with the largest at 14 lbs.

We released a half dozen undersized fish.

12 Likes

What kind of fish is that? Nice one.

2 Likes

They are Triple Tail, some of my favorite!
We used to get them on the buoy chains offshore from Cape Canaveral inlet with three guys.
One guy drives the boat, one guy holds the pole and the third guy dives the buoy chain with a Hawaiian sling to spear the fish… Good times … Good eating!!

4 Likes

Nw BC, mostly fish the Kitimat River but I fish all over region 6.

5 Likes

Beautiful part of the world. Unfortunately never got to fish there.

2 Likes

didn’t catch many fish but caught a Lew’s rod and saw lot of snakes. One bass one snakehead and a huge sunfish on a 4/0 hook

8 Likes

6 Likes