Anybody else like to fish?

Nice buddy! @BeagleZ and I are trying to get out for some catfish’n and bass’n on Father’s Day morn.

4 Likes

Sounds like a good time!

4 Likes

That first one is not a rainbow/steelhead.
Its either a brown or a tic
Beauties!

Got out fathers day w my som for a few hours. Coukdnt have asked for more.
Few walleye, a lost pike, largemouth, and bunch of rock bass
The stuff that makes life worth living

16 Likes

fishin… I’ve been a fishing addict all my life growing up in the BC lowermainland.
Worked in sportsfishing a few years as well as a retail employee and have also taught fly tying school for BC lakes and rivers as well as steelhead courses through the shop I worked for. I have also been a part time charter operator in Nootka Sound off n on over the years. These days I’m retired and fish and hunt as much as I can. I have hundreds of lakes in my vicinity and the area is world famous for rainbow trout and lake trout fisheries. We also have lakes that are stocked annually with Kokanee and Eastern Brook trout. I am a Kokanee addict and generally fish more through the ice than I do from the boat LOL I also LOVE float tube fly fishing and getting intimate with my quarry hehehe
anyhow… sorry for my ramble… here’s some pics from over the years.
feb7steelhead020

21 Likes

FISH ON!
snowy grouper and golden tile

21 Likes

Love me some Grouper. Is that on the Gulf of Mexico?

2 Likes

Down in the keys. Atlantic side. 850’ of water.

5 Likes

Snuck out to the river by the house during lunch break today and….

KACHONK!

Took a hard foam popper on an 8wt fly rod :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

23 Likes

Nice one @LegsMahoney! Love some topwater bassn’

9 Likes

same dude. doesnt hurt that the spot this guy hangs out in is like 5 min from my front door.

10 Likes

Caught these 3 yesterday, heading out again this fine Sunday morning :sunglasses:.

15 Likes

Maybe someone on here can help w this little mystery caught this fish early spring (freshwater) not :100:on what it is exactly was thinking a type of fallfish idk thanks for the help

11 Likes

Right you are, they make a bit of a croaking noise sometimes, they fight good, but we consider them ‘garbage’ fish and throw them back. They grow big bass when they are in the lake together…

7 Likes

Thanks a bunch :grin: this was the 2nd bigger one caught its good to know they get big. We throw everything back it’s a pond still fun tho

6 Likes

Bass and Bluegill Mmm Mmm

14 Likes

The dreaded sucker!! (Fall fish) always a bummer to find one of these on your line when you’re out targeting trout. They tend to shit in your hands while unhooking :joy:

7 Likes

20 Likes

Went to my buddy’s pond on Father’s day wknd. and caught a few bluegills…

Then I smoked them…the bigger fish is store bought tilapia…

15 Likes

Definitely glad I didn’t get shit on :laughing: I’ll keep that in mind if I ever come across another one :joy:

3 Likes